Cait you moved Cpl Budd to where exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scorrpy said:
CRASS ?
Are you the fella who casts the first stone then?
Pleased to meet you.

Scorrpy,

I have followed this thread, in fact followed everything in relation to this that has been published in the media and discussed on open forums in relation to this topic.

As far as I can see Cait moved or deleted various parts of this discussion for a valid reason.

So, I believe, now is the time to explain yourself, as well as your personal reasons for persisting in your current direction. As far as I can see you will only get one shot at this so think hard but tread carefully.

As it stands, by continuing in your current direction, you are not making a lot of sense. You seem to intent on causing yourself as much grief for possible for the least amount of words said.

A richly deserved VC for Cpl Budd - Para.
Devastating for his family that it was awarded posthumously.
Lets hope they don't have to sell it to survive.

Blair, are you proud?
Assuming you mean this one?

Most of the membership saw it, and very few objected to it being taken away.

Cheap shot.

We all despise Blair equally, but to use the names of true fallen heroes as a means of a pop is, in my mind a cnuts trick.

If Cait hadn't have moved it I would have. Cait moved it to another forum, another moderator took the step of removing it completely after recieving numerous complaints.

I did not use the Cpl's name to pop at Blair, even if you, or others, read it as such.
I truly meant the accolade. As I truly hope that his family - as many others have had to do in the past - do not have to sell his medal to survive.

I mention Blair because I hold him soley responsible for the uneccessary deaths of our service people.
He epitomises the sneaky, cowardly rat, skulking in his hole - while others do what he would never have the courage to undertake.
Before you or anyone else asks - yes, I have been under fire many times in the 30 years I served in HM Forces.

And thats why, Cait as explained moved it into the int forum.

Another Mod on viewing the responces it got, deemed it appropriate to further move it into a hidden forum.

scorrpy, your sentements are spot on however probably not the time nor place to raise them.
However i think mods have to maintain the same standards throughout. some of the comments recently about the ipswich murders and the recent deaths of 2 children in corfu. Were disgracefull, although in the naffi bar they should have been deleted. Why do we hold the deaths of soldiers so sacred yet the mods allow CRASS comments about other tragic deaths?

Vandyke, you are probably right, however I defy anyone to react in the same way to an incident involving someone close to home in the same way as someone on the evening news.

vandyke said:
scorrpy, your sentements are spot on however probably not the time nor place to raise them.
However i think mods have to maintain the same standards throughout. some of the comments recently about the ipswich murders and the recent deaths of 2 children in corfu. Were disgracefull, although in the naffi bar they should have been deleted. Why do we hold the deaths of soldiers so sacred yet the mods allow CRASS comments about other tragic deaths?
I agree with that, too. Surely, any death is a tragic loss.

The sooner we rid ourselves of the mendacious, coward in Downing Street the better. Never has so much harm been done to the country or The Forces than since 1997.

ok, they maybe not close to home to us but imagine anyone searching for information on a loved one and google throws up Arrse how would the parents of these kids in corfu feel reading the comments.
They were also posted when arrse was all over the press and a lot of non members viewing the site. what image does that portray of pte T.Atkins

Not many will disagree with that Scorrpy, but thats not what was raised is it?

You asked the Mod why it was moved after she gave a valid explanation, you then had a further pop and started another thread. Was it just a platform for a rant about Blair?

vandyke said:
ok, they maybe not close to home to us but imagine anyone searching for information on a loved one and google throws up Arrse how would the parents of these kids in corfu feel reading the comments.
They were also posted when arrse was all over the press and a lot of non members viewing the site. what image does that portray of pte T.Atkins
OK where do you want to draw the line?

With the dead?

With the handicapped?

With anything un PC?

The poor?

The Scottish?

Plenty of websites out there for those who want to play the PC way.... the rules on the door are very very clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads