Cairo bombs

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Selki, Feb 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you guuys watched the news in the past couple of hours, you've probably noticed that a bomb has gone off in cairo killing at least 4 people.
    Tbh, i dont know every miltary operation in the British Army ; Are we in Egypt at all?

Should we go there now then?

2. The last posting in Egypt was Liaison NCO (Sgt) for the MFO SInia, we pulled out in 93ish so have no one there apart from military embassy staff.

3. No. The Egyptians tend not to invite us since Suez. :D

Although I believe we train Egyptians in IEDD.

4. Well i was in Egypt last week....Cairo in fact...does that count????

5. ....

Yes.

6. So you're the perpetrator

7. Well might be, have you seen the way they drive over there....

8. Cairo blast kills one tourist, injures 17: official
    www.chinaview.cn 2009-02-23 04:00:34 Print

CAIRO, Feb. 22 (Xinhua) -- At least one French tourist was killed and 17 people in a blast in Cairo's populous al-Hussein district on Sunday evening, an official said.

Health Minister Hatem al-Gabali told state television that the French tourist died of his wounds in hospital.

The 17 injured, one was in critical condition, included 10 French tourists, two Germans, three Saudis and two Egyptians, according to the official.

Meanwhile, local Al Nile TV channel quoted a hospital source assaying that 18 were injured in the blast.

Earlier, police sources said four people were killed and 17 others wounded in a blast in Cairo's populous al-Hussein district on Sunday evening.

The dead included two foreigners, according to the sources.

Xinhua reporters at the scene said that police forces have cordoned off the area and investigation has been under way as high-level security officials rushed to the scene soon after the explosion.

The unidentified explosive detonated Sunday evening in front of the al-Hussein mosque, which is close to Khan el-Khalili bazaar, a tourist attraction.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-02/23/content_10871674.htm

Thought this might help :)

9. RIP.

But I have to say, it's a dodgy place to go on holiday; not exactly the first terrorist attack on tourists in Egypt... :roll: