CADETS WITH STUPID AMOUNTS OF KIT

I would say that seems alright buddy, but this thread is from 2008 I would standby for shouts of "Holy thread resurrection" and stick to the threads you were posting in before.

God I feel old seeing this come up again.....

Boxy

GCM
Personally as a cadet I don’t think you need two double ammo pouches, you’re better off changing the one on the right for an admin pouch of some sort...head torch, gloves, mossie rep & net, cam cream etc, stuff you need to hand without having to reach around your back.

Apart from that suggestion I’d say you have it sorted

Haribo's, you need some Haribo's.

Personally as a cadet I don’t think you need two double ammo pouches, you’re better off changing the one on the right for an admin pouch of some sort...head torch, gloves, mossie rep & net, cam cream etc, stuff you need to hand without having to reach around your back.

What he said.

Head torch note: Make sure it is one that also shines a red light as that helps preserve night vision and is not as obvious at a distance at night - learn which button does what, nothing like going all stealthy and then shining out 300 lumens of bright white light announcing your location. After dark I used to wear mine around my neck so that it was immediately to hand and then just slide it up onto my noggin once I needed to use it.

TamH70

MIA

What he said.

Head torch note: Make sure it is one that also shines a red light as that helps preserve night vision and is not as obvious at a distance at night - learn which button does what, nothing like going all stealthy and then shining out 300 lumens of bright white light announcing your location. After dark I used to wear mine around my neck so that it was immediately to hand and then just slide it up onto my noggin once I needed to use it.
Are you talking about something like this one, Effendi?

I only have two because i like to devide up my kit

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

What he said.

Got one just failed to list it and dont worry il amend the haribo situation

Are you talking about something like this one, Effendi?

I keep looking at the Princeton Tec ones in the outdoor shops, but I know I would cry when I lost it. I grab the Energizer ones, they sometimes have 3 packs on special offer in the DIY supershed for the same as you pay for one gucci one.

How high should i be wearing my webbing because currently the bottoms of the pouches are on my hips not the belt is this wrong

Boxy

GCM
How high should i be wearing my webbing because currently the bottoms of the pouches are on my hips not the belt is this wrong

You should be able to comfortably rest your forearms/elbows on the tops of your ammo pouches

As a cadet i carry in my webbing

Ear defs
Water bottle
Notepad
First aid kit
Some ration pack drink sachets
Multi tool
Gloves hat

In my set of dpm plce

2×double ammo pouches
1×first aid pouch
1×utility pouch
1×water bottle pouch

Is that too much

You forgot fudge. Pack as much as you can

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer

As he says. Replace right ammo pouch for pouch utility. Those buckles are on it for a reason.

Latest Threads