Cadets smoking?

Discussion in 'ACF' started by Cryptotermes, Apr 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From a thread on one of the grown-up forums:

Bit of a pet-subject of mine at the moment (yes, I'm part of the nanny-state who insist that non-smokers are not slowly poisoned by nicotine addicts 8) )

It will not be difficult to identify this individual from the information he has volunteered, I may do this myself as I can soon notify the relevant SO3 Cadets of the Div HQ which covers Lincoln locations.

If he is a cadet then may I suggest someone reminds him of ACF policy before one of the parents of the 'basic cadre' intake writes to their County Commander or higher.

I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill here, there may be duty of care/media interest issues.

From a personal perspective, I would not be happy with a teenage family member being influenced or exposed to this at a cadet camp.

2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Nanny, Nanny, when you've finished wiping our ARRSE can you do my shoe laces as well.
  3. can you fit 3 x Gays in a pocket ?
  4. I've seen loads of cadets/AIs smoke...
  5. On a more serious note, cadets taking niccotine away on their "basic cadre" is unlikely to be legal is it?

seeing as they have to be 18 to buy it, and I suspect a member of the basic cadre is under that age?

6. 16 surely?
  7. No 18 to buy cigs now.

Grey area on when its legal to smoke though, you cant buy but can smoke?????
  8. Seconded :!:
  9. As far as I'm aware, there's no restrictions on what age you can actually smoke. Just the age to buy the stuff. Same with alcohol (except I think it's illegal to give alcohol to children under 5!!!!!)
  10. Grow-up or butt-out Jamie (pun intended :D ).

I'm not flashing/biting but this isn't the NAAFI forum and it's 2009 now bud.

11. Fuck me you dull cunt, you're making out the chap is some sort of drugs dealer peddling his wares to kids ffs. He appears to be an older cadet who has a few ciggies stashed in his kit. Did he at any time suggest he'd be making the younger cadets smoke or even smoke in front of them? You need to get out more you tool.
  12. Economic crash - international terrorism - religious warfare - HIV/AIDS/BirdFlu/re-emergence of TB & Bubonic plague - binge drinking - Amok in schools - politicans ripping off the public - global warming - peak oil- tsunamis- floods- Peadophile priests and care workers/adult supervisers - gay adoptions and men giving birth!.

And you are worried about them seeing someone else smoke?

Try looking up priorites.
  13. It's probably true... us lot sitting here diuscussing smoking on ARRSE at 20 past midnight is never a good sign..

however, sorry for going off topic earleir then Crypto. I think it's a situation to be delt with at the time on the ground.

Trying to prevent someone from smoking infront of cadets, or forcing them to smoke I think is something difficult from the distance of the Internet.

14. Fcuk me your even more boring than turtle shagger.
  15. When the fragile cadets who have taken up the bad habits of this chap and they die from cancer,may be he could be done for manslaughter ?