• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Cadets smoking?

From a thread on one of the grown-up forums:

booty_cadet said:
(Haven't been on the forum in ages due to injury, and trying to stop myself being depressed by getting out and doing stuff).

As it so happens, another course coming up, this time as staff cadet. (a cadet whos staff) and therefore have no kit list. I'm instructing basic cadre. This is my new kitlist:

(All pockets have at least one lighter, several fags, and some batteries waterproofed in them)

Its only a three day excercise.
booty_cadet said:
Only beckingham training area.
Bit of a pet-subject of mine at the moment (yes, I'm part of the nanny-state who insist that non-smokers are not slowly poisoned by nicotine addicts 8) )

It will not be difficult to identify this individual from the information he has volunteered, I may do this myself as I can soon notify the relevant SO3 Cadets of the Div HQ which covers Lincoln locations.

If he is a cadet then may I suggest someone reminds him of ACF policy before one of the parents of the 'basic cadre' intake writes to their County Commander or higher.

I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill here, there may be duty of care/media interest issues.

From a personal perspective, I would not be happy with a teenage family member being influenced or exposed to this at a cadet camp.

Cheers,

Crypto

BiscuitsAB

LE
Cryptotermes said:
From a thread on one of the grown-up forums:

booty_cadet said:
(Haven't been on the forum in ages due to injury, and trying to stop myself being depressed by getting out and doing stuff).

As it so happens, another course coming up, this time as staff cadet. (a cadet whos staff) and therefore have no kit list. I'm instructing basic cadre. This is my new kitlist:

(All pockets have at least one lighter, several fags, and some batteries waterproofed in them)

Its only a three day excercise.
booty_cadet said:
Only beckingham training area.
Bit of a pet-subject of mine at the moment (yes, I'm part of the nanny-state who insist that non-smokers are not slowly poisoned by nicotine addicts 8) )

It will not be difficult to identify this individual from the information he has volunteered, I may do this myself as I can soon notify the relevant SO3 Cadets of the Div HQ which covers Lincoln locations.

If he is a cadet then may I suggest someone reminds him of ACF policy before one of the parents of the 'basic cadre' intake writes to their County Commander or higher.

I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill here, there may be duty of care/media interest issues.

From a personal perspective, I would not be happy with a teenage family member being influenced or exposed to this at a cadet camp.

Cheers,

Crypto

Nanny, Nanny, when you've finished wiping our ARRSE can you do my shoe laces as well.

On a more serious note, cadets taking niccotine away on their "basic cadre" is unlikely to be legal is it?

seeing as they have to be 18 to buy it, and I suspect a member of the basic cadre is under that age?

Grim

FFAGrimReaper said:
On a more serious note, cadets taking niccotine away on their "basic cadre" is unlikely to be legal is it?

seeing as they have to be 18 to buy it, and I suspect a member of the basic cadre is under that age?

Grim
16 surely?

Poppy said:
FFAGrimReaper said:

Grim
16 surely?
No 18 to buy cigs now.

Grey area on when its legal to smoke though, you cant buy but can smoke?????

leveller said:
Poppy said:
FFAGrimReaper said:

Grim
16 surely?
No 18 to buy cigs now.

Grey area on when its legal to smoke though, you cant buy but can smoke?????
As far as I'm aware, there's no restrictions on what age you can actually smoke. Just the age to buy the stuff. Same with alcohol (except I think it's illegal to give alcohol to children under 5!!!!!)

Cryptotermes said:
Cryptotermes said:

Re-read the above fellas, I'm not too concerned about this particular lad smoking, but I am very concerned that he is responsible for younger children and is therefore very influential.

What he has admitted to is a serious issue and I hope it is nipped in the bud by booty-cadet or one of his adult handlers after reading this thread.

If the adult instructors condone this situation and the parents of the younger cadets formally complain, there will be some difficult questions to answer.

Fuck me you dull cunt, you're making out the chap is some sort of drugs dealer peddling his wares to kids ffs. He appears to be an older cadet who has a few ciggies stashed in his kit. Did he at any time suggest he'd be making the younger cadets smoke or even smoke in front of them? You need to get out more you tool.

Economic crash - international terrorism - religious warfare - HIV/AIDS/BirdFlu/re-emergence of TB & Bubonic plague - binge drinking - Amok in schools - politicans ripping off the public - global warming - peak oil- tsunamis- floods- Peadophile priests and care workers/adult supervisers - gay adoptions and men giving birth!.

And you are worried about them seeing someone else smoke?

Try looking up priorites.

It's probably true... us lot sitting here diuscussing smoking on ARRSE at 20 past midnight is never a good sign..

however, sorry for going off topic earleir then Crypto. I think it's a situation to be delt with at the time on the ground.

Trying to prevent someone from smoking infront of cadets, or forcing them to smoke I think is something difficult from the distance of the Internet.

Grim

FFAGrimReaper said:
It's probably true... us lot sitting here diuscussing smoking on ARRSE at 20 past midnight is never a good sign..

however, sorry for going off topic earleir then Crypto. I think it's a situation to be delt with at the time on the ground.

Trying to prevent someone from smoking infront of cadets, or forcing them to smoke I think is something difficult from the distance of the Internet.

Grim
Fcuk me your even more boring than turtle shagger.

When the fragile cadets who have taken up the bad habits of this chap and they die from cancer,may be he could be done for manslaughter ?

On an even more serious note Cryptotermes he is a Marine cadet (a Booty) you fuckwit so feel free to tell the ACF whomever as much as you like but this kid has been trained to rollmat fight naked, a few fags won't harm him. And this also means the ACF smoking policy probably doesn't apply to him.

I'm with Flash on this one.

you are making a mountain out of a molehill, this is such a dull subject it barely warrants a breath of air.

Stop being such a lefty @rse and let things be, if you think someone smoking in front of kids or advising them they may wat to consider cigarettes is going to make them any more likely to smoke then you are very much mistaken. If they are going to smoke they will do it anyway and if they arent smokers then this 'little cherub' is not going to change that.

Now go find something of significance to get all worried about. Like whether or not you have finished wasting everybodies time!

I ate a red candle once........................

...................and if ciggies aren't hard enough for you I have blue smarties........................JSP535 frowns on them fukkers and they sh1t all over the nub ends of fags!!!

Latest Threads