Cadets given awards

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by Auld-Yin, Mar 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

These boys did well and show the ACF in a good light. Well done boys.

2. Well done to the lads.

The ice cream man doesn't seem to have a favourable background though.

...and assistance from three Cadets.

I sometimes wonder why people bother.
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Scots Ice Cream deliveries, they could have taught the Keenie Meanies a few things on under cover work!!!!
  4. Well done boys, good show.
  5. I'm not in the cadets ,never have been. But this is an exceptional act of courage for people so young to have done. Well done you.

How many ice creams did you nick afterwards?
  6. Excellent !!!!!
  7. Don't get me wrong - the cadets undoubtedly did extremely well and helped to save this man's life. However.... the first thing cadets (or anyone) are taught in first aid is Check for Danger to yourself (first priority) and the casualty (second priority) - Gunman still in the vicinity - they were lucky they did not become casualties themselves. Don't go rushing into situations that could go horribly wrong - it's no good to be a hero if you're dead.
  8. Well done the lads!
  9. Agreed, good on em
  10. just another quick point, in the article the cadets are in No.2's, since when do they get those?
  11. Probably either they (or their Det Commander) have bought them.

The only cadets to be issued No.2 Dress through the system are Lord Lieutenant's Cadets due to the primarily ceremonial and 'public eye' nature of that role.
  12. This is what they are being awarded:

Attached Files:

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The local cadets for the war memorial party on remembrance are issued theirs, not always the same kids!
  14. Probably issued by their Det though. Some Dets do obtain stocks for such occasions (I have done this), but it doesn't come through the system.
  15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Very possibly!