Cadet Leadership Easter 2006

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by Hesk, Mar 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. anybody on the first course of this year (8-14 april) ? me and 2 others are popping down, see what all the fuss is about :lol:

2. The fuss, WWW, will be that the course will be short-staffed unless HQ 5 Div's begging has borne fruit and the new structure and programme has enticed more ADS.

If you're an OTC type going over to help out, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Most of the cadets will be completely bonkers, the Regular YOs they get in will be like farts in trances first week, and the training team sergeants will be as mardy as two weeks in Nesscliffe would make anyone. Deep joy.

3. err no actually, im one of the 'totally bonkers' cadets aiming for his leadership badge. anyone else? www

4. Fair one, WWW. In that case I'd say if you're an Army cadet you'll have a good challenging week, it'll keep your skills sharp and push you physically, harder and further than annual camps. If you're RN/RAF, it'll be a steep learning curve. Best of luck for the course.

5. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Where's this? Thought Frimley ran the leadership courses...?

6. Nesscliffe, run annually three times a year.

7. Got a few friends up at Nescliffe, not a bad layout for baby antics, havent got the foggiest about what they do with cadets up their but its nice and cold at the moment and april will be the same for this area so enjoy yourself and bring your long johns kid

8. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Ah, must have missed that one. Ta

9. aye cavalry i think your right there, my mate went on last years one and said it was pissing it down throughout the course. his admin was shit so all his kit got wet. hes spot on now though, and is doing Junior Leaders (toughest of the toughest :D ) sure some of you will know this course, or possibly be on it. www

10. Believe me you don't want to know but suffice to say it involves erections of miniscule proportions and about 17 seconds of physical activity culminating in an ejaculation with the volume of an amoeba's nosebleed.

11. The Summer course is run at Frimley.

12. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Aye I knew the frimley one, I've done it. Just tried to keep on the ball but missed the Easter one.

13. Nescliffe is a good course, well character building, i was there over Easter weekend last year, learnt a lot, got very wet and cold and miserable, but worth it in the end in my opinion.

14. possible might have seen my oppo, short with ginger hair....or possibly not. apparently it rained non stop last year. not hoping for a repeat this year!! www

15. I take it OldChap that you have never been on the course yourself ? I was one of the Platoon Commanders last year and was there for the full two weeks. As for being a YO like a fart in a trance, I am just about to complete my 30th year of service next month ! WWW, you will get out of the course exactly what you put into it, I had a whale of a time despite the appaling weather. Good luck - enjoy !