Cadet Forces Get £4.4 Million!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Oct 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Opinions chaps?

2. 6 lucky areas, up to 18 lucky units. No cash for the rest of you so keep suffering.
  3. Any money spent is good news , however £4.4 millon across the UK isnt a lot
  4. Lunacy.............
  5. WHY?

That's not a lot of money and all the cadet units do a great job.
  6. Agreed

£4 M compared to £30, 000M = 0.01% of Defence budget.

DE&S can waste that in a day!
  7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Todays cadets are tommorows soldiers.
  8. If it keeps them from hanging out around spar with a carving knife and a can of stella, i'm all for it.
  9. Whether we see any of it will remain to be seen...........
  10. It's more fun hanging around the NAAFI with a bayonet,SLR and 12 cans of Stella :lol:
  11. Not even the CCF have SLRs any more. Stella, I'll grant you.
  12. Sorry,slip of the keyboard,we had SA 80 A1s but they were useless, SLR was sorely missed back then!
  13. Spend the money on accommodation in camps. We have had virtually any chance of getting accommodation in camps removed. This is due to (alleged) defence cuts limiting the number of bed spaces allocated, on a monthly basis, by military camps. To me this cost cutting measure seems ridiculous, as empty beds must cost as much to run as full ones do: however the bean counters in Whitehall will probably be able to substantiate their decision.....