Cadet demotion

Discussion in 'ACF' started by 5thRGJ, May 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A young cadet is made upto L/Cpl after being a cadet for 6 months......4 months in and he's training recruits drill etc etc.

Pulled before his Platoon Commander and given a dressing down, for not saluting a officer. Fails couple of testing boards at 2 star and is striped of his rank.

Whats your views on this situation peeps????
  2. Stripped has two 'P's' and I'm going to eat some Pork pie.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. My nephew was bust in cadets. He wasn't taking it seriously - as it sounds your cadet wasn't - so he deserved it. Where is the argument?
  4. Being busted from lance-jack didn't do George MacDonald Fraser any harm.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

It 's what's not whats.
    Pork pie sounds good.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sounds like the cadet doesn't put out.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. He has only been in 4 months and he is teaching?
    Talk about the blind leading the blind.

Who did he have to sleep with to get promoted after only 6 months?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. CplFoodspoiler

CplFoodspoiler War Hero Book Reviewer

Obviously I am only aware of the details quoted above.

Promoted too soon? And then not given the support he is entitled to and deserves. It is often overlooked that cadets are - until age 18 - children / young adults. They need guidance and advice from the Instructors and senior cadets.

Just my thoughts - for what they are worth.
  9. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

If he wasn't pulling his weight or gobby or walty and disturbing t'others then fair 'nuff. Otherwise, it's plain bollox... come on it's the ACF, not Woodentop stuff. My opinion is on the side of the kid. Maybe he was going to "out" the officer for being a fiddler?
  10. Any Cadet who has been promoted after only six months is clearly not ready to be a Cadet NCO.

I would question if he had enough knowledge of his Basic and 1 Star subjects to be an effective Cadet NCO.

This sounds like a case of a young person being promoted much too early and suffering the consequences.

His Adults are at fault here.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. First tape - easy come - easy go. I know people that didn't get as far as the celebratory piff up before getting bust.
  12. It's a youth club not the SS. There aren't any consequences.
    • Like Like x 5
  13. So....Jarrod, whats your opinion of the scenario? Or are you too busy eating all the pies? Just wondering, since you went to all the trouble to quote it.
  14. Thats what I believed to be the case. Thank you for your constructive comment
  15. My opinion is Pork pie is lovely with English mustard.