Cadet BOWMAN?

#1
Anyone heard this one?:

Cadet Forces will be getting a stripped down version of BOWMAN circa 2008/9 to replace their aging CLANSMAN kit

Anyone out there heard any more about that? Or is it just wishful thinking
 
#2
Haha! I think it's going to happen right after cadets all get issued the '10,000 L-85's that they found in a hanger' etc etc.

2009? I don't even think the TA will have it by then.


T C
 
#4
What on earths a stripped down version of bowman ? Only have half the frequencies ?

Question you have to ask your self is exactly WHY you need to have anything to do with Bowman, radios yes, but why bowman ? and dont say "to prepare you fro joining up" as I am pretty sure that its not (supposed) to be the mandate for the ACF
 
#5
The obsolesance notice for Clansman states that it will continue to be used by UOTCs and (Junior) cadet forces. With a pool of replacements held centrally.

So don't expect Bowman (except poss PRR, which isn't really Bowman proper) in Uni Military Club or Cadets any time soon.
 

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
#7
Why would you need it? I'm otc, and Clansman is more than enough for us. A 352 and GSA gives us enough flexibility to deal with pretty much anything. 349s are shit though.

Either that, or the old combat nokia!

What's wrong with a bit of shouting anyways!
 
#8
Silent_Scope said:
Rumour is 2012 they will be in full service. I doubt it.
Are you going to believe this rumour? Did your mate Dave have a mate who's mate's dad heard them say it? There is no need for ACF/CCF or OTC to have the Blue force tracker and Data link aspect. And why would cadets need secure comms? A 349 or 320 is enough, even though 349's are a f*cking pain!

T C
 
#9
The_Cheat said:
Silent_Scope said:
Rumour is 2012 they will be in full service. I doubt it.
Are you going to believe this rumour? Did your mate Dave have a mate who's mate's dad heard them say it? There is no need for ACF/CCF or OTC to have the Blue force tracker and Data link aspect. And why would cadets need secure comms? A 349 or 320 is enough, even though 349's are a f*cking pain!

T C
I'm just saying. And no actually we were told by our county sigs officer.
 
B

Bottleosmoke

Guest
#10
Well lets hope Kent ACF dont get it.

They managed to burn down their stores in Shorncliffe at the weekend.

It looked a right mess this morning.
 
#11
Bottleosmoke said:
Well lets hope Kent ACF dont get it.

They managed to burn down their stores in Shorncliffe at the weekend.

It looked a right mess this morning.
And there's all their diffies for the last ten years fixed in the space of a weekend...
 
#12
Silent Scope, your Sigs Officer is obviously a WALT bluffer, clearly the Cadets will not get bowman!. They can't even provide the basic's for Regs let alone spending millions on cadets. Think man!!!
 
#14
He is talking out of his arrse then.

Unless he is confusing PRRs with Bowman.
 
#15
eeerm I very much doubt it , can't see a cadet minbus with a vudt and 355 vmg clip in can you ....?
 
#16
This topic was actually discussed at a meeting held in MOD Main Building last week.

I'm not privy to what system you'll be getting, but there is one in the pipeline.

8)
 
#17
eeerm I very much doubt it , can't see a cadet minbus with a vudt and 355 vmg clip in can you ....?
 
B

Bottleosmoke

Guest
#18
Petriburg said:
This topic was actually discussed at a meeting held in MOD Main Building last week.

I'm not privy to what system you'll be getting, but there is one in the pipeline.

8)
Yes, 2 yoghurt pots and a piece of string.

Cant have FRES and BOWMAN for cadets CAN WE?

In fact FRES BCU is in the pipeline for ACF, Its called a 110!
 
#20
blobmeister said:
I bet the Cadets are getting C8, Sig 250's, AT4, GMG and WMIK's and they all have spare MK6A combat lids.
And the spare (yeah right) osprey
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chuggafugga OTC and ACF 3
Simon - Quest Magazine Jobs Offered 3
Zhopa ACF 27

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top