Cadet 150 Medal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chaps,

Not sure if this true but I heard from my boss today (who loves medals) that they have brought out a Cadet 150 Medal!!!!! Have these people nothing to spend their money on!!!!!!

Not a bad idea, if you think about it, it makes for a permanent reminder of an event and a talking point giving you the opportunity to tell people about the ACF, long after such event has been broadcasted, filed away, archived and half forgotten from the general public.

If it is fairly affordable why not.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That enough exclamation marks?!

semper said:
Not a bad idea, if you think about it, it makes for a permanent reminder of an event and a talking point giving you the opportunity to tell people about the ACF, long after such event has been broadcasted, filed away, archived and half forgotten from the general public.

I feel it will cost loads of money to organise when that money could be used better else where.

walting_matilda said:
semper said:

I feel
it will cost loads of money to organise when that money could be used better else where.
All well and good but unless you have cold hard figures then what you feel doesn't really mean feck all.

davyskuller said:
walting_matilda said:
semper said:

I feel
it will cost loads of money to organise when that money could be used better else where.
All well and good but unless you have cold hard figures then what you feel doesn't really mean feck all.
We all know that it isn't going to be freely produced to everyone for free. Therefore my feeling is correct.

Feelings are made in ovaries. Im sure in comparison to money spent on doley scum/immigrants et all will be a minute drop in the ocean.

davyskuller said:
Feelings are made in ovaries. Im sure in comparison to money spent on doley scum/immigrants et all will be a minute drop in the ocean.
Are you sure? Is that a fact?

Does anyone have a pic of this Medal?

According to Stan Smith in American Dad. Still, the fact you try and turn my own question against me shows you are struggling to justify your statement.

davyskuller said:
According to Stan Smith in American Dad. Still, the fact you try and turn my own question against me shows you are struggling to justify your statement.
Not really. Just being silly.

The money used to commission a Medal for cadet 150 could be better spent. Linking this with Immigration or asylum seekers isnt really an argument.

Is it? Why get so upset over something that is going to be small change in the defence budget?

davyskuller said:
Is it? Why get so upset over something that is going to be small change in the defence budget?
Is that like when a woman says "Honey, I saved you money cos it was in a sale". Not buying it at all saves even more money.

walting_matilda said:
davyskuller said:
Is that like when a woman says "Honey, I saved you money cos it was in a sale". Not buying it at all saves even more money.
Do you have something against Cadets?

davyskuller said:
walting_matilda said:
davyskuller said:
His throbbing member?

davyskuller said:
walting_matilda said:
davyskuller said:
No, I'm all for cadets but the money should be spent wisely.

You can buy a medal for pretty much anything.

http://www.awardmedals.com/regimental-commemorative-medal-p-817.html?cPath=282_21_33

a medal to show that you were in a particular regiment (i would expect this is not including cadets capbadged to it though, before people here jump on it!).

http://www.awardmedals.com/service-medal-p-12806.html?cPath=282_21_33

a medal to show that you were in the Army at all!

http://www.awardmedals.com/cadet-forces-medal-p-16392.html?cPath=282_21_33

and finally, a medal to show you are / were in the Cadet Forces.

So there you have it, if you want a medal, just go an buy it... only £30!
If you'd rather do the logical thing and spend £30 on alcohol...

Im not so fussed about the defence budget, I just think if you produce a medal for EVERYBODY, the overall value of wearing medals is reduced.

Seriously, whats the point, if it only cost a tenner to give us each one it would cost somewhere in the region of £85,000. That is money that could be spent on much more useful things, i.e. the cadets!

semper said:

Why would they give you a gong? You'd never hear the fcuking thing anyway.

paulus said:
Seriously, whats the point, if it only cost a tenner to give us each one it would cost somewhere in the region of £85,000. That is money that could be spent on much more useful things, i.e. the cadets!
oh, they won't give it out.

see links above, it'll join the ranks of the thousands of other medals you can buy for just about any event in history.

they're not even 'real' medals anyway, you can't wear them on uniform!

I won't wear it, even if it's free. It will probably have some ghastly ribbon that will clash with my VC, GC, MC, DSO, Iron Cross, Order of Lenin, Congressional Medal of honour and Virtute Militare anyway.

On a more serious note, I hope I never get issued No2s/FAD let alone choccy gongs. The money would be better spent on boots and goretex for our cadets.