Cabbie given 10 weeks to leave UK

Simple question, on the facts seen so far should he be allowed to stay or kicked out.

• Stay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kicked out

• Stay and given UK passport

• Total voters
This taken from This is London

Cabbie given 10 weeks to leave UK
10 June 2005

A cabbie who has worked in Britain for 50 years has been given 10 weeks to leave, it has emerged.

Peter James, 71, was told he faces deportation the last time he returned to Heathrow after visiting family in Trinidad and Tobago. He still has a Trinidadian passport and was told he must not overstay the visitors' limit of 10 weeks.

The father of six from Whitechapel, east London, did two years National Service and worked for London Underground.
Is Blair and his toadys havin a laugh? they let all the wasters, spongers and crim's in yet try and kick out the people that work for this country! C*nts

This guy was good enough to be called up on National Service, yet now?

he should be given uk citizenship if he did national service and also the guy has bothered to work unlike most of the scum (terrorists mostly) bliar lets in.
how come bliar cant deport the mad mullahs of finsbury park so easily instead of giving them £kkkkk's of benefits

typical neue abreit crap about proving there point on imigratiion and kicking out the ones who do have a right to stay

RANT OVER

He has earned the right to stay more than some of the tossers they let stay
why do they want to kick him out ?

why didnt he take out British citizenship when he had the chance to do so?

He has served and worked for this country, let him stay and give him a passport.

Chuck the other scrounging scum out.

E

error_unknown

semper said:
why didnt he take out British citizenship when he had the chance to do so?
He probably didn't think he needed to: he certainly wouldn't have needed to when he came here.

B

Biscuits_AB

It's been done before. Happened to a bloke who used to work with my dad a good few years back.

If anyone wants to put up a petition for Mr. James to stay (and get a full apology from the Home Office to boot) I'll gladly sign it.

V!

E

error_unknown

The classic thing is that it's only because Mr James has stayed within the system - serving the country and paying taxes (I presume) that they're able to track him. Were he some bogus asylum seeker he'd be off like a rat up a drainpipe and nobody would ever be able (or bothered) to find him and deport him.

Vonshot said:
If you mean me, then no, not really.

The real fools in this situation are the no-brains who buy their Daily Mails, get wound up, get their blood boiling and then vent their spleen (see above). These people have got to think for themselves, stop taking in the tired old stories like this and think - really think about the situation we find ourselves in. If anybody doesn't deserve a British passport, it's the big-time scroungers like Rupert Murdoch - the man whose company hasn't paid corporation tax for over ten years in this country and 'journalists' 'working' for the papers quoted below in my signature.

Their sick xenophobic rabble-rousing tactics are enough to make people feel ashamed to be British.

frenchperson said:
Vonshot said:

The real fools in this situation are the no-brains who buy their Daily Mails, get wound up, get their blood boiling and then vent their spleen (see above). These people have got to think for themselves, stop taking in the tired old stories like this and think - really think about the situation we find ourselves in. If anybody doesn't deserve a British passport, it's the big-time scroungers like Rupert Murdoch - the man whose company hasn't paid corporation tax for over ten years in this country and 'journalists' 'working' for the papers quoted below in my signature.

Their sick xenophobic rabble-rousing tactics are enough to make people feel ashamed to be British.
In a country with no immigration controls and consequently no tangible borders or nationality, how would you police "multinational" companies like Murdoch's and make them pay tax?

Your signature instructs us not to read those papers, am I correct? How do you ever expect to hold an educated informed discussion with people, without reading their views first?

Finally there is nothing wrong with rabble rousing! - beating up police men in countryside marches should become a mainstay of our nation, Naf-Naf off Froggy!

Pillager said:
frenchperson said:
Vonshot said:

In a country with no immigration controls and consequently no tangible borders or nationality, how would you police "multinational" companies like Murdoch's and make them pay tax?

Your signature instructs us not to read those papers, am I correct? How do you ever expect to hold an educated informed discussion with people, without reading their views first?

Finally there is nothing wrong with rabble rousing! - beating up police men in countryside marches should become a mainstay of our nation, Naf-Naf off Froggy!

Following World War II, Britain had zero controls on immigration and positively encouraged people to come in and help rebuild our country, which they were happy to do - and they helped to make the country what it is today, whilst we also retained tangible borders and nationality.

How do you police multinationals like Murdoch? It's not working now because they can pour millions into exploiting loopholes thereby saving themselves the expense of forking out like the rest of us (sorry - I sounded like a cab driver then!). We need the political will to make them behave responsibly and pay for the privilege of basing themselves here.

Don't BUY these papers and they go out of business! Sorry, it's a bit of a pipedream this one.

Your final paragraph is not worth any comment, except to say I can understand it when protesters overstep the mark, given the behaviour of new labour who think they can trample over anybody in the name of 'democracy'. I long for the day when the government in power is not in the pockets of big business and is there to represent the people who voted them in - another pipedream, I suppose.

I say again FP - what newspapers (does your vitriol extend to other mediums TV Radio also?) should we read then?

Awol said:
If he's always technically been a tourist, how did he do National Service?

Were they getting called up in the fifties? 8O
Hell yeah, the last batch got called up in 1960

"When National Service began the Labour Administration insisted that it should be universal for all able-bodied men. However, although there was no official ban, very few Black conscripts and no non-European officers were recruited despite high levels of immigration in the mid-1950s. To avoid possible civil unrest, Northern Ireland was also excluded from conscription. "

http://www.national-army-museum.ac.uk/pages/nat-service.html