Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAA bans Boeing 737 max 8

It is remarkable that the plane could actually land safely given the condition of that engine.
Whilst somewhat disconcerting to see and bloody scary for the pax - in terms of flying, with the fire contained its not much worse** than a broken Donk - Its not affecting the flight charecteristics much beyond that.

It would have made a loud bang and shook the aircraft and that will make your arse go 20p 50p

**Its going to be a little more draggy perhaps as the aerodynamic fairing has buggerred off

Whilst somewhat disconcerting to see and bloody scary for the pax - in terms of flying, with the fire contained its not much worse** than a broken Donk - Its not affecting the flight charecteristics much beyond that.

It would have made a loud bang and shook the aircraft and that will make your arse go 20p 50p

**Its going to be a little more draggy perhaps as the aerodynamic fairing has buggerred off
As a colleague of mine put it, they still had the engine and wing attached on landing safely...... the aircraft did its job reasonably well all things considered

In hindsight I would love to have been on that flight! I have an adrenaline issue. The biggest memorys you survive can be seconds and stay with you forever.

Showing your age there, sixpence half a crown ;-)

In hindsight I would love to have been on that flight! I have an adrenaline issue. The biggest memorys you survive can be seconds and stay with you forever.

You mad chap.
I have no fascination for incidents you can't run away from, throw at a junior or call fire support for. As I get older, over excitement is never good for my sanity or my laundry.