C95 Jacket

Let me first say that I am not in the military and am just a collector. I am a 40 y.o. Brit in the US.

I have a never been washed C95 jacket. I have heard/read that if washed the jacket develops "bumps". Is there a technique to use to ensure that it doesn't get bumpy?

cheers

cbreedon said:
Let me first say that I am not in the military and am just a collector. I am a 40 y.o. Brit in the US.

I have a never been washed C95 jacket. I have heard/read that if washed the jacket develops "bumps". Is there a technique to use to ensure that it doesn't get bumpy?

cheers
Yes, it's called an iron.

It is a ripstop.... Did they make the C95 in non-ripstop afterwards? I have had the jacket hanging with my collection for about 5 years.

CornedBeefHash said:
The non rip stop version is the CS2000 series of combats, is it not?
No. C2000 had all sorts of Gucci bits, knitted cuffs and all that. AFAIK it was never properly introduced for cost reasons. After the rippy smock came an identical one in polycotton, and now one with a storm hood and small pocket on the left arm but otherwise unchanged.

Don't wash it maybe?

cbreedon said:
so back to my original question... just a little ironing will take the bumps away?
Yes but not by much. The problem with ripstop was that the riplines/re-inforcing threads were polyester, but the material in between was cotton. (Or is it the other way round?) The cotton shrinks, but the polyester doesn't, hence the uneven or bumpy surface.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If its collectors item surly the bumpy bits would be more 'authentic'.

To be even more authentic you will need it to be falling apart as that is/was thier usual state after being worn for more than a week.

Bravo_Zulu said:
CornedBeefHash said:
The non rip stop version is the CS2000 series of combats, is it not?
No. C2000 had all sorts of Gucci bits, knitted cuffs and all that. AFAIK it was never properly introduced for cost reasons. After the rippy smock came an identical one in polycotton, and now one with a storm hood and small pocket on the left arm but otherwise unchanged.
Isn't that the 05 issue windproof? Which in turn was modified by the Royal Marines and SF to have the MK2 (Modified) smock? The one with pit zips, fleecey pockets and a compass pouch thing?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Weapons, Equipment & Rations 7
feelingsleepy Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC 100
exsniffer Classified Ads 8