C95 Jacket

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by cbreedon, Aug 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Let me first say that I am not in the military and am just a collector. I am a 40 y.o. Brit in the US.

I have a never been washed C95 jacket. I have heard/read that if washed the jacket develops "bumps". Is there a technique to use to ensure that it doesn't get bumpy?

2. Yes, it's called an iron.
  3. Buy an Iron..
  4. I think that just happens with the old rip-stop version? :?
  5. Or just never wash it. :)
  6. It is a ripstop.... Did they make the C95 in non-ripstop afterwards? I have had the jacket hanging with my collection for about 5 years.
  7. The non rip stop version is the CS2000 series of combats, is it not?
  8. so back to my original question... just a little ironing will take the bumps away?
  9. It depends if it has shrunk or not.
  10. No. C2000 had all sorts of Gucci bits, knitted cuffs and all that. AFAIK it was never properly introduced for cost reasons. After the rippy smock came an identical one in polycotton, and now one with a storm hood and small pocket on the left arm but otherwise unchanged.
  11. Don't wash it maybe?
  12. Yes but not by much. The problem with ripstop was that the riplines/re-inforcing threads were polyester, but the material in between was cotton. (Or is it the other way round?) The cotton shrinks, but the polyester doesn't, hence the uneven or bumpy surface.
  13. Perhaps a cold wash and hang-drying it will stop this from happening ?
  14. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

If its collectors item surly the bumpy bits would be more 'authentic'.

To be even more authentic you will need it to be falling apart as that is/was thier usual state after being worn for more than a week.