C4 now

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by spike7451, Mar 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

carol thatcher goes to the FI & Argie land

2. And there was me thinking you wanted some compo brought up....

3. and you started a thread why?

4. good old carol stood her ground. I sympathise with the mothers of the soldiers/sailors that died but Argentina was wrong to invade - end of.

5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

To see if anyone would BITE!

6. Nothing wrong with the actual documentary, the FI was interesting and Stanley has been done up rather nicely from the last time I saw it.

Reaction to Carol Thatchers arrival in Buenos Aires was predictable. However what irked me beyond all measure was her attitude towards the mothers of the Belgrano dead. They were understanably upset, she was unsuprisingly crass and cruel. It could have all been avoided but I think she come across as an unsympathetic and nasty and there was absolutley no need for it.

Probably in the only case in warfare though I don't have any numbers or cases to back it up. More British Falklands veterans have took their own lives in the aftermath of 1982 than had actully died in conflict (300
    Falklands veterans have commited suicide since 1982 to 255 who died in the conflict) and I hoped that if 'Mummys war' was done on the basis
    of interviews of the families of British soldiers who had lost their lives
    in war and in the peace that she would have shown a bit more tact and a bit more sympathy than she shon those Argentine mothers.