C or D Sqn RMLY? help!!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by NINJA69, Mar 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Want to join but can't decide, live in the middle, who is the best?

2. This may sound a bit patronising but you have gone and had a look at both units and talked to the people there haven't you?

3. Both good Squadrons, follow the advice above and pay them a visit. D Sqn drill on a Wednesday and C Sqn on a Thursday so you could do both in a week...

4. Thanks for the feed back, going to C SQN next week as i will miss this week due to night shift, D have an an induction night first Wed of the month so i will have to wait for that one.
    Trying to get as much info before i put a transfer request in with the unit i'm with now.
    In two minds as the grass is not always greener, and the weather is getting better and we have a bike club in this unit.
    NINJA69

5. Who are you with just now? You can always PM if you don't want to go public!
    C Sqn have a good family feel about them, I haven't seen as much of D recently but they always used to have a similar ethos.
    The training should be improving this year with more actually getting out on the ground so if last year's training isn't much to shout about then don't worry about it. We had a guidon parade last year and loads of guys on tour so it was a bit of a funny one.
    Anyway, if you are 'going cav' you can't go wrong!
    Enjoy the visits.

6. Sorry i dont do PM, not on a first date.
    i'm a pay clerk and i dont want to say the unit, but i'm sure one of these places will be what i'm looking for, shame i cant play on the tanks as they look like fun.
    Are you a member, you can always go PM me if you dont want to go public. lol

7. As a pay clerk I am surprised you are waiting for an induction night!!
    Thought they would have welcomed someone who could count with open arms!!

Not particularly shy, I am with B Sqn down in the south (trying to avoid the Telford bit) but am posted out at present, so hopefully will see you in six months!

8. They say that all new bods go on an induction night as its there way of keeping track of people, i didnt tell them much as the guy on the phone was going on a bit and i couldnt get a word in, i will have a word with their recruiter when i get there.

9. he sounds like he has an agenda of his own that mon, self importance rules as does lying and forgetting about what is important to others :cyclopsani:

10. C sqn is attached to a regular base whilst D sqn isnt, so C might have access to more faciltiys on a weeknight, but both good units. remember though you have to be good at eating pies for D sqn! Anyway good luck with the application and I hope to see you around

11. Thanks guys, that was a close call.
    :censored:

12. Join C sqn.

13. Cheers

14. C Sqn is far better.........go there and grow a large nose.......Gonzo SQN!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............."Large Nose Sqn" has a ring to it!!

15. or a large Tash. All those on the guidon parade will know who i mean!