C*nting Reflux

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BiscuitsAB, Oct 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Yeah I know I could have put this in health and whatsit but I didn't.

So I'm sitting here about an hour and a half after eating a nice slab of brown bread and butter and I've got Reflux from hell. Almost certain its not a MI as I'm not dea

2. Don't forget to log out as you collapse towards the floor.

Someone could take advantage and post all sorts of rubbish under your username.

Oh, BTW, it's been nice knowing you. Bye.

3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

So what the fuck do I take for it other than Zantac which seems to take an age to settle it down.

4. You've come back to life!!!

ZOMBIE ALERT!!!

Try flat lemonade. Or flat beer.

5. I'm sorry, your body is not used to such a soft diet, take 2 kebabs and a gallon of lager and see the RAP in the morning

6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

They'd have to try hard to beat some of the crap I've posted.

Ah well its 03:16 and it feels like someone is trying to inflate a red hot balloon in my chest and throat don't think I'm going to be getting much sleep this morning.

7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

funny thing is that wouldnt bother it, Chilli doesnt set it off or curry or anything spicy just bread. Thought I'd be able to get a way with a slice of brown with some butter on it but oh no c*nting reflux decides to kick in. so over three hours and the two zantac have done bugger all so i guess i better go take another.

Its interesting pain really gets you to slow down. Only once before have I had pain like this and thats when the morphine ran out after they had glued my foot back together and filled it full of mecano.

just necked a pint of milk, id try the flat lemonade but havent got any and beer doesn't hang around long enough for it to go flat.

8. Stop eating bread then :D

Actually you could have a problem with Gluten (a protein found in wheat, barley and rye).

9. Ask your GP to prescribe Lanzoprazole for you. Keeps the reflux under control.

10. Years of having your father invade your throat with his large member

This is punishment for enjoing it

11. That works. Also sitting up straight, not being a fat fatherless, trying not to over-eat in one go, avoid stress, avoid acidic drinks and foods (fruit juice etc) and some people react badly to stuff with seeds.

However, if you reacted that badly to just a piece of brown bread I would suggest seeing your doctor, could well be something wheat or gluten, which can kick in at any age.

Also disappointed at this thread, I just read "Cnut reflex" and thought they'd be discussions about young ladies dripping with manfat.

12. Hey do ya also get a burning raw ringpiece even on normal foods? :?

13. My GF got diagnosed with a wheat problem a couple of years ago, baft bint decided that as she had been off of wheat for about 6 months she could have a wholemeal roll from a cafe in Amsterdam. She went up a size in about 30 minutes, went into the PMT from hell and her feet swelled up so her shoes hurt, then I find out that unlike every other woman in Europe she has gone on holiday with only one pair of shoes.

Me - "Do you want to go back to the hotel for a lie down"

Her "NO BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO SPOIL YOUR HOLIDAY TOO"

Me "OK" very quietly.

14. Agree with crabby's advice. Also indigestible foods such as pulses can get you going.
    You can take a second zantac if it is still chundering on after an hour.
    See the doc. Lansoprazole works a treat but further checking out would be good.

15. Chilli is known to be quite good for the digestive system.
    Sounds like you've got a slack spincter (cardiac sphincter located in the Oesophagus). There are various drugs that help against reflux one of the most effective is a Proton Pump Inhibitor the most well known being Losec (omeprazole) although Lansoprazole has already been mentioned.
    Zantac is only effective in about 50% of reflux but Alginic Acid (Gaviscon) is probably the most effective OTC remedy available.
    Incidently milk and dairy products can in fact exacerbate reflux so are not a good idea, neither is eating within 2 hours of bed.
    It's well worth getting your GP to check you out against gluten alergy although that more often tends to cause coeliac disease and Crohns. It would also be worth asking if you might have helicobacter pylori (H pylori) as this organism is associated with a lot of gastric and cardiac problems. Nowadays H pylori can be detected by a simple blood test using a drop of blood on a quick reader. If you are H pylori positive then there is a hefty combination of drugs which will erradicate it.
    Of immediate help would be too sit up and sleeping with your body sloping down from head to feet can help stop the acid flowing along the oesophagus. I sympathise with you because reflux can be really painful and unpleasent.