c.m.t in need of posting advice!!

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by cutie_kins, Nov 29, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi people,please could you give me some advice?Ii am currently still at keogh brks awaiting posting to 5 reg in preston.
    What is the unit's plans for the next year?
    what can i expect to gain from a medical regiment?
    thank you for your help on this.

2. You will gain all most expert skills in painting boxes & putting canvas up.

Then there’s staging on at the gate, an event not to be missed by any discerning young CMT.

3. Good to see you think so highly of cmt's pox'y'_dr!!
    Remind me never to ask you for advice!!

Cutie keep your head down and i'm sure you'll go far :wink:

4. Preston is a very nice city. You will enjoy it there

5. No dead the reverse. As an ex MA of some 20yrs ago I new when to get out of the job & look for trade/qualification which would take me somewhere.

You honestly can’t tell me that a new CMT to any unit won’t spend a high proportion of their time on the gate or packing & unpacking boxes. How else are they going to learn what the kit is.

6. You have got some excellent senior ranks and some great junior ranks within the unit. I had a great time serving with some of the unit in Kosovo. They work hard and they know how to have a good time, however they do have their share of choppers...! Have a good time in Preston. :twisted: 8)

7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I think most CMT's on Telic at some enjoyed their time in A&E and Ambulance troops, where they had considerable hands on. Not a box in site. Seeing that most AMS units now will be enjoying the sights in Iraq that may push their knowledge levels up to what they were trained to do.

I have heard 4GS is now the place to go.- maybe!

8. Further to my previous post, bugger being a medic, transfer to the ODP cader. Bags of cash, a real qualification and not a box to paint or an 18x24 to erect.
    Go on you know it makes sense :wink: :wink: 8)

9. From one who actually knows - I am in Preston, it is a superb Regiment and cares about the people who work there. Yes we are on Ops at the moment, but we are good at what we do and welcome anyone who wants to work hard and play hard!!!!

11. Yeah Go ODP, Get spammed for 'every' tour going, lose your rank, get jacked off and PVR/Sign Off, great career that...

The money is good if you do loads of agency

12. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

13. As a young thruster, Cutie_Kins would probably love to get herself on tour alot (I love getting out on tour, and Im an old git, yet still incredibly handsome) and as shes just about to leave Keogh the rank thing wont be a problem for her.
    Im writing putting Cutie_Kins as a female due to the name, if in fact you are a male, youd probably be better off in clinical measurements.

14. One good thing about Med regts these days, if you are new and full of enthusiasm (as is TURP, but he has ulterior motives) is that you will definitely get to see a whole lot of the world, which is why we all join up to start with.

It was different way back, when we joined up, got posted to Germany and pickled our livers for a few years :p

15. As having worked along side nearly all the med regts and being part of 3CSMR the self acclaimed daddy of med regts, (trust me its not god help the rest of the corps) the way to go is to go into nursing while the army still pays for it, do two years get commisioned then youll have an excuse for being a mong if not 6 months in preston and youll hve a laminated biff chit and be on prozac