C (Fife and Forfar Yeomanry/Scottish Horse) Squadron, Queen’s Own Yeomanry

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by LordVonHarley, May 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My TA Mojo has been up and down like a whores draws over the last 2 years and I think a change of scene might do me well. On the advice of Arrse I have thrown my net out further than Edinburgh and this Unit popped up.

On first inspection they look really interesting, bags of history and SCIMITAR's. Now my question's are how often do they get them out?
    What is the training like?
    What are the Drill nights like?
    What are the chances of a tour?
    What are the people like?

Before any one asks, yes I will give them a call and pop in to see them as soon as I can (Hopefully in the next Month).

cheers

2. Not with C-Sqn myself but we certainly had ours out at the weekend (and the CVRTs of course). I can't answer the first two questions, however, the chances of a tour are as good as anywhere else if not better. The QOY is sending a batch off on H15 and has sent many more over the years.

And the people... well they're Scottish, mostly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks Turret Monster, I will pop in and see them next time I get some spare time on a Tuesday. I see that they have a museum bit as well.
    I have a few more leads on other units but I can feel a transfer in the wind :)

4. Did you transfer in the end?

Been considering joining the TA and don't fancy the Watch (been there done that with the regs).