C+E drivers courses

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by littlenickoutthere, Dec 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. anybody know what the average C+E course length is at leconsfield?

2. That depends on how good you are at driving I think?

3. Courses last 5 days, however they are over loaded and you can hang-around for weeks!

4. did mine on camp, no chance of that????

5. As did I. Sprogs however must do it through DST.

6. nuts, ah well at least i havnt gotta be there for my cat b

7. Cat B will be a week to ten days depandant on your driving ability. You will then be trained on Landrovers so you will do about another 5 days of that. Enjoy DST, read this thread to get an idea about how w*nk and bullsh1ty it is there.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=7936.html

8. Ah well all engineers Cat B is done at minley nowadays. Not sure about the landrover conversion

9. I was told they allow 11 days on the road for C and a further 5 days for C+E. Can't remember how long the theory took but I was there for 7 weeks all together (one day hazard awareness and 5 days fams).

10. You get more than that. Going from not having a license to being C+E qualified in 15 or 16 days on the road! Good idea that.

11. mate they let all the asylum seekers drive straight away so it really cannot be any worse, can it :?: :?: :?: :?:

12. That's true. Having to put up with the way the Danes drive here is bad enough. Imagine a cross between Stevie Wonder and The Stig and you get some idea of their driving abilities!

13. sounds very very similar to a lot of RLC drivers. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

14. MMMMMMMMMMLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!

15. Yeah you get more than that if needed, but that is their "target days" I was led to believe. Some of the 17 year old RLC birds driving is scary enough!