• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

C Coy in Pontypridd

A quick heads up on the Ponty lot - you need to develop a strong taste for strongbow for a start. Also, it's Company SOPs to fill your webbing and bergan with as many cans of 'bow as humanly possible. Any nights spent in Rainybridge can then be spent farting, drinking and talking general shyte until reveille.

Oh, also minimum BMI is around 33 (that's right, minimum), if you want to deploy then probably a little bit more just to be on the safe side. In preperation for your JNCO cadre, you need to pack even more kebabs and 'bow in, so you can drop out the first tab in CEFO after a hundred metres or so, and just go back to playing with mortars.

Hope this helps!

(If not, there's alway B company just down the road in Swansea, who run Javelin, who have far better more switched on blokes - so I've been told).

Detective_Dewar_Cooler said:
A quick heads up on the Ponty lot - you need to develop a strong taste for strongbow for a start. Also, it's Company SOPs to fill your webbing and bergan with as many cans of 'bow as humanly possible. Any nights spent in Rainybridge can then be spent farting, drinking and talking general shyte until reveille. ).
Indeed. A strong taste for talking about, possibly partaking in sporadic physical violence is also the order of the day.

(If not, there's alway B company just down the road in Swansea, who run Javelin, who have far better more switched on blokes - so I've been told
I've been told this too. Interesting. Perhaps you should take note.

(If not, there's alway B company just down the road in Swansea, who run Javelin, who have far better more switched on blokes - so I've been told).
I heard that too. :D

If you fit in in Ponty, you really will have a great time - some are actually really good blokes. If not, then it's very much a case of square peg / round hole syndrome there. A few people have actually transferred away for that reason.

Either way chap, best of luck whoever you go with.

Latest Threads