Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

C Company, London Regiment/ London Regiment

Gents, I know this is a vintage thread but would welcome a few pointers.

A member of extended family has secured a job in central London, and is looking at enlisting with the Army Reserve. The London Regiment seems to be the most practical one for him to get to. It seems to come down to London Irish vs London Scottish (bound to inflame strong passions...)

I've been out of the mob for a few years now and don't have any connections in that direction. Anyone able to give some pointers between the two?

Ta.

Greetings TBK

My personal view is that he IS mince (though it doesn't seem to get in the way of a productive career or nice company car!) and he likely finds the history of the cap-badges appealing. So he likely IS desperate to be an infanteer

I get the sense he wants a change from the sort of financial analysis stuff he does in his day job - but I'm happy to suggest this stuff to him and see if it floats his boat. It looks like an interesting chance to work on the 'dark side' anyway...

Cheers

Is he desperate to be an infanteer? Is he mince? Is he allergic to lumicolours?

If the answer to any of these questions is no, why not the INT Corps?

http://www.army.mod.uk/intelligence/32263.aspx

So you joined the army to read books and work towards your PhD, thats nice I bet you drink ginger beer at the weekend. Or join the infantry "close with and kill the enemy" I think its the second one that means we don't all speak German and wear lots of black.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you joined the army to read books and work towards your PhD, thats nice I bet you drink ginger beer at the weekend. Or join the infantry "close with and destroy the enemy" I think its the second one that means we don't all speak German and wear lots of black.
Although I don't even have an undergraduate degree, let alone a PhD, I did manage to decrypt your post enough that I think I understand the point you are making.

I take it you haven't had much exposure to G2.

Roger, yes as it goes I have have been exposed to G2 in fact I was listening to G2 in 1989 infantry tour one of ten, and I have to be honest it was pretty good at times, but remember it was us the infantier that found the G2 on the ground not green slime putting together 5+5=11

"comment"

Good luck with the education

Roger, yes as it goes I have have been exposed to G2 in fact I was listening to G2 in 1989 infantry tour one of ten, and I have to be honest it was pretty good at times, but remember it was us the infantier that found the G2 on the ground not green slime putting together 5+5=11

"comment"

Good luck with the education
I don't want to get into a pissing contest about who gets shot at more as of course its the PBI and if you want to bayonet people in the face the INT corps is not the place to be but the days of OPINT being purely the preserve of Brigade and Div INT cells are gone. The Coy INT support Team is here to stay and forward embedded INT personnel are likely to be a fixture of all operations as they have been in one way or another for the last 5 years of HERRICK.

Also as I assume that your '89 tour was NI, you would have been aware of some of the other "niche" parties knocking around.

I don't do education, that would be beneath me.

Last edited:
Yep that would be well beneath you, I can see that. Good luck in fluffy land. Tell me do you feel funny when you pee with your willy in your hands?

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S. its been fun, now off to bed knowing that the British way of life is being defended by you and the Intelligence Corps (and some infantiers since 1660)

DB, I know i'm hijacking your post again, just so everyone knows said former CSM of B coy, now LE Capt-MTO of the London's

Looks like his Walter Mitty days have finally caught up with him as he has been asked to resign his commission lol

from what i gather from people inside and outside the Londons Regiment I would say go to The Rifles as the Londons seems to be on the decline for various old and new reasons. The manpower seems to be lacking and their sense of direction also.

C Company are still Londons. C Company might be better and might be on the Rise, but a pig with lipstick is still a pig. from what I heard I would without doubt go to the Rifles, at least they arent paired with Guards. I mean guards hate the rest of the army, can you imagine how they feel about chippy STABs.