Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

C Company, London Regiment/ London Regiment

Hello all!

As you might deduce, this is my first post within the ARRSE Community, however, I am a long time lurker on the more humorous threads; namely the ones concerning walts.

Getting back on topic,

Whilst my age and current occupation/place in life might not currently be relevant, I have applied and am currently in the process of joining the TA (With my Barb test being on the 19th of this month) with my sights firmly set on C Company, London Regiment (London Fusiliers). Thus, I hereby pose this question: What is the community's opinion and general feeling towards C Company and secondly, towards the London Regiment?

Thanks, much love and look forward to hearing your opinions, whether they may be good or bad!

-Fish

Whilst my age and current occupation/place in life might not currently be relevant...

Why say it then?

On the basis of our most recent Londons Transferee, you sound and speak exactly like him and you'll fit in just fine!

They seem to be one of the better manned TA units in the area and have a good ATU backing them up. No idea about the Fusilier Coy. in particular.

Many will slag them off (I dont know why but it usually seems to be from the TA Rifles"perhaps force of habit from being a part of them once)
But The Londons are a good unit with a lot of recent operational tours behind them and some really good blokes.
C coy are a good bunch with some real characters. The OC is an ex Australian Army officer/ social animal with a lot of experience and a top bloke to boot...
Enjoy .....

Worked with some of their lads on Op Olympic. They were pretty good blokes with some some really good characters. A few rather odd ones though, made for quite an entertaining time!

C coy, like any coy/sqn/bty have some good blokes and some not so good blokes, for some reason you have a Royal Signals CSM as apposed to an Infantry one, as does B coy he has come from the REME and for some reason he has chosen to wear a Guards BRB backing instead of the correct PWRR backing much to the dismay of the rest of the company but that could be an indication that the whole battalion will go that way eventually.

I hope everything works out and you enjoy your time anyway.

Two Companies of the LONDONS have no SNCOs willing or able to take up this key appointment??

Sorry i wasn’t clear the 2xWo’s have re badged as Infantry, but yes there were plenty of other CSGT’s in the battalion (that have spent their entire time in the infantry) that could have stepped in.

he has chosen to wear a Guards BRB backing instead of the correct PWRR backing much to the dismay of the rest of the company but that could be an indication that the whole battalion will go that way eventually.
I'm open to correction but I heard if you have served on operations within a Grenadier unit you can wear the Blue Red Blue behind your cap badge for the remainder of your service. I could have just been spun it by someone who has chosen to.