c était un rendezvous

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I think this has certainly been discussed, but I just found the entire film on Youtube. (after I paid £20 last xmas for a dvd copy for maguire sr. oh well... he was made up with it, anyway)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jLUv6buMXE

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Right I may be stupid (high chance in fact) but they are discussing cars on YouTube. Now handling, spaces it fits through and sound...it's surely a bike?

I heard that the guy did it in a fairly modest car, and dubbed it with a race car engine. Also I don't think he reached more than about 85mph in it.

While i'm in the middle of watching this, am i about to lose 8 minutes of my life to someone driving around Paris, with a sound track from a rally car dubbed over the top?

Edited to add, he's just turned a corner under an arch. There was only 1 headlight spot on the wall, its a bike.

IIRC this was done in a Ferrari in the early 70's, commisioned by a film director. (will investigate further).

Quick Google threw this up:-'On an August morning in 1978, French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris'

Heywood_Jablowme said:
IIRC this was done in a Ferrari in the early 70's, commisioned by a film director. (will investigate further).
There is a thread on this somewhere,Dread was on about it,he is a bit of an authority on driving.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Didnt they do this on that ronin film with de niro chasing some irish bird?

Well, there was a really cool chase scene in the Ronin film in Paris yes, that's probably about the only thing they have in common though.

Latest Threads