c était un rendezvous

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by maguire, Aug 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I think this has certainly been discussed, but I just found the entire film on Youtube. (after I paid £20 last xmas for a dvd copy for maguire sr. oh well... he was made up with it, anyway)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jLUv6buMXE

2. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Right I may be stupid (high chance in fact) but they are discussing cars on YouTube. Now handling, spaces it fits through and sound...it's surely a bike?

3. I heard that the guy did it in a fairly modest car, and dubbed it with a race car engine. Also I don't think he reached more than about 85mph in it.

4. While i'm in the middle of watching this, am i about to lose 8 minutes of my life to someone driving around Paris, with a sound track from a rally car dubbed over the top?

Edited to add, he's just turned a corner under an arch. There was only 1 headlight spot on the wall, its a bike.

5. IIRC this was done in a Ferrari in the early 70's, commisioned by a film director. (will investigate further).

Quick Google threw this up:-'On an August morning in 1978, French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris'

6. There is a thread on this somewhere,Dread was on about it,he is a bit of an authority on driving.

7. Excuse moi!!!

8. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Didnt they do this on that ronin film with de niro chasing some irish bird?

9. Well, there was a really cool chase scene in the Ronin film in Paris yes, that's probably about the only thing they have in common though.