Bye Bye 'TA'

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by cpunk, Jul 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Interesting. The letter from DCLF to 'Commanding Officers of Reserve Units' issued yesterday has no mention of the name 'Territorial Army' but speaks instead about the 'Army Reserve'. So has the name been quietly changed? Not a bad move, IMHO.

2. It's been talked about repeatedly, but I've seen nothing in writing (mind you, I've got no acces to DII at the moment).

3. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Yes, and I think it has just happened.

4. without a ridiculous ad campaign?

it'll never work.

• Like Like x 6
  5. I picked up on this yesterday. The TA "brand" was not specifically mentioned in the major announcements.

Be nice if we were informed.

6. How can a streamlining and refitting for purpose of the land component of our reserve forces be undertaken, without an enormously expensive advet, logo and stupid name? It will end in disaster Cholmondely I tell you! Pass the port...

7. Didn't the TA & the VR amalgamate into the TAVR in the early 70's? Some twat is trying to make anagrams from the letters.

Mind you it doesn't matter what it says on the label, the contents are much the same.

8. Anyone got any turd polish? Or is it a rose by any other name?

9. Did anyone actually read the documents?

A2020 will come into being in ummm, 2020, along with AR.

It is not all going to happen tomorrow, many of the amalgamations are not scheduled until 2015!

10. You cant polish a turd but you can varnish one. You end up with a shiney, spangley turd.

• Like Like x 1
  11. That's not a bad point V_M. Without serious investment - not just monetary but also doctrinal - the rebranding of the TA to the Army Reserve will not succeed.

12. There is an explicit direction from offices such as His Grace's to use Army Reserve instead of TA but the name is defined and bound by current legislation...so expect an ad campaign about 2014/15-ish. Be careful what you wish for...

Get the essay in on time, cp? ;-)

13. GBP1.8bn according to the document!

• Like Like x 1
  15. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Almost... some of us have a life :)