Bye bye Suez Canal, hello expensive oil!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Letterwritingman, Jun 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Muslim Brotherhood wins in Egypt; start riding bikes.
  2. What makes you say that?

Surely they'd love the income the canal generates
  3. They might just up the toll charges though.
  4. Lines are increasingly going round the Horn, combine somalia with increase of cost in the suez and it will be defunct in no time.
  5. ****-ive just done a deal with syria and turkey to import dates and ali baba baskets-****ing ragheads shag you up at every step!!
  6. Let's hope the Para's (and Marines) have been revising.
  7. Sandbags at dawn.
  8. Why it made Iraq look like a sane idea last time,And ,doing it again would be even more stupid than walking slowly towards a
    a German machine gun.With as much chance of success.
    Bollocks I'll get me deserts out:(
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Just might affect tourism also if they go all Islamic on visitors as well as their own people. Wouldn't fancy being Coptic Eqyptian right now!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. They have promised to ban alcohol and bikinis (among other things) so Sharm el Sheikh will be in trouble. So will I if they ban Stella local.
  11. My daughter and son in law announced their intention to go to Egypt for a holiday. Good sense prevailed, mine that is, they are now going to Turkey. Err.
  12. Looks like I'll be checking out some other location for my winterbreaks in the future, you've scored an own goal here Achmed.
  13. Thats a shame I though Sharm looked quite good in a TV Prog I saw the other day.....

Fucked if I am going though if I can't get a lager!!!!

Seemed to have some nice swanky 4 and 5 star hotels........ Wouldn't it be a hoot if RBS loaned the money to build and operate them!!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Egypt is the number one spot for food poisoning, they are dirty and arrogant people.
    I'd never go back to that place.
    • Like Like x 3