Bye Bye Mark Field MP

The French still have a serious problem with drunk driving which they feel unable to attack properly for political reasons so they try to get round it.
It doesn't appear to be working.
Also it helps that I am incredibly handsome.
aha that must be why I got the ticket !!
they blurred your mush out of it though !!

Wouldn’t it be nice if officers felt that they could do that and be supported.
WE have a copper like that in our county. local mong was waving a Samurai sword about, making threats, cue lots of coppers waiting for back up, step forward one rather young cop who walks into the flat and does some serious damage to the mong
wrestles him back outside minus sword
mate of mine was there, said it was amazing
mong wanted protection from the young copper and the local yobs give him a wide berth now
it might help that he is a martial arts champion
my mate said it made his day and cheered all the coppers up

Sadly, cameras can’t attend fatal RTC’s, stop criminals fleeing at speed, see people on their mobile phones, breathalyse drivers or issue tickets for no insurance.

Most Forces, when faced with enormous savings have cut Traffic Units massively because the public wrongly see them purely as revenue generators.

I'm a bit ambivalent about coppers generally but it's clear as day that decent traffic bobbies are money well spent.

Statistics on reported road casualties in Great Britain for the year ending June 2018 shows, there were:

• 1,770 reported road deaths.
  • 26,610 people seriously injured.
  • 165,100 casualties of all severities, a decrease of 6%

So, the huge cuts in Road Traffic Policing saw roads get safer

So, the huge cuts in Road Traffic Policing saw roads get safer
I would imagine that it’s more down to much safer cars, the acceptance that drink driving is unacceptable, the introduction of seat belt laws, improvements in road layouts etc.

Roads Policing isn’t purely about road safety, it’s about trying to deny criminals free and unfettered access to the road system.

Eventually road deaths will begin to increase of at best plateau because of the lack of officers to patrol them.

Hope you found this enlightening.

I would imagine that it’s more down to much safer cars, the acceptance that drink driving is unacceptable, the introduction of seat belt laws, improvements in road layouts etc.

Roads Policing isn’t purely about road safety, it’s about trying to deny criminals free and unfettered access to the road system.

Eventually road deaths will begin to increase of at best plateau because of the lack of officers to patrol them.

Hope you found this enlightening.
7 years ago I was going north on the M5 heading for Tewksbury.
Doing 80 in the outside lane then it stopped.
Moved into middle lane with an artic up my arris when I saw the reason for the stop, 10 cars in a pile up.
There seemed to be no actual casualties but people on their mobiles crossing the road with cars etc dodging around them.
No where for me to go but forward so I did.
It didn't even get a mention in the local news. Cars are extremely safe these days which with the lack of traffic police mean the driving standards are very poor today.
4 years a go at Calais 2 crotch rocket riders in their earlt twenties were discussing how polite French drivers were.
'First time riding on the Continent?' asked another biker, 'Well now you got to face the English crap again'.

Absobloody lutely.
Slot a terrorist in Italy, get a medal, do the same in the UK and get investigated.
Maybe they should have thought about that when they were laughing themselves sick over the institutional tradition of casually fitting up people they didn't like.

Or politicising their senior officers' role through the ACPO cabal.

You can't blame Joe Public for losing trust in the police.

Maybe they should have thought about that when they were laughing themselves sick over the institutional tradition of casually fitting up people they didn't like.

Not arguing with that.

Given everything, confidence in the police is still reasonably good.

Public Perceptions of Policing in England and Wales 2018

As Blair was in power at the time, no.
Blair deliberately imported cheep labour to undermine those who voted for him.
And still would.
Actually Blair was seriously lobbied by the big industry lobby players to open up the UK borders to cheap Eastern European unskilled Labour. it started with the Poles and the rest just tagged on as they gained EU membership.

Bricklayers on £160 a day finding Polish bricklayers coming in on £30 a a day. Labourers on £80 a day being undercut by Polish labourers working for £20 a day and sometimes as low as a tenner a day.

Several years later, all the Poles who had now got their feet under the table and were now commanding higher wages were complaining about their Eastern European neighbours following them over to the UK and doing the same to them.

It was the employers who pushed for them to be allowed over to the UK through a massive lobbying effort. Blair should have told them to bugger off. He didn’t though.

To pay back the tacit support that employers had given Labour during the election when Labour took power, Blair unlocked the gates and in they all started to come.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Most Forces, when faced with enormous savings have cut Traffic Units massively because the public wrongly see them purely as revenue generators.
I don't agree with that because it was always generally accepted that the police were on the roads to help and common sense used to be applied by police when stopping most vehicles. However, they were not modern policemen/women and the public wasn't quite so likely to attempt to run away/insist on a fight/compensation.