Bye bye Channel 4

Edit. I forgot it was a paysite

Last edited:
They have previous for flogging off affordable housing, oil, gas, electric, water, telecoms etc.

If you can flog the countries essentials, a tv station is nothing.

While I can't disagree with the perception that C4 is a left-leaning media outlet, in the current environment any decision to remove government funding just comes across as childish petulance.

While I can't disagree with the perception that C4 is a left-leaning media outlet, in the current environment any decision to remove government funding just comes across as childish petulance.
Is the government in the business of owning self funding commercial tv stations?

Channel 4 said:
Unlike the BBC, Channel 4 receives no public funding. It is funded entirely by its own commercial activities.

About Channel Four
Publicly owned but entirely self funding. Get shot of the pile of shit before it does need public money to continue its left leanings.

Kirkz

LE
Why do people post links to stuff you can't read without signing in?
I have way too many passwords to remember without having to create ones for shite news sites.

Why do people post links to stuff you can't read without signing in?
I have way too many passwords to remember without having to create ones for shite news sites.
See edit. Sorry

I had to laugh. Boris isn’t paying his depts with money.

If Boris does sell it off, does that mean the new owners will liable for the redundancy payments?

Channel 4 expects up to 90 per cent of the employees whose jobs are being transferred to the broadcaster’s new headquarters in Leeds to take redundancy rather than move. Alex Mahon, chief executive, said on Tuesday she expected between 70 and 90 per cent of the affected London-based employees to take voluntary redundancy as the commercially funded but state-owned broadcaster prepares to leave the capital. Channel 4, which employs 800 people in London, would not say how many are affected. Channel 4 plans to employ roughly 300 people at its new Leeds headquarters, a revamped former nightclub set to open in 2020, as well as its new commissioning hubs in Bristol and Glasgow. Some of those positions are designated for new hires.

MrMemory

War Hero
Aha Channel 4, the TV station that champions diversity except for when it comes to when it comes to its own employment practices. Reminds me of those woke musicians like Billy Bragg who bang on about multiculturalism, but live in Dorset which is 98% white.

Shouldn't be too long before Quisling employees of the EU return home demanding redundancy payments from British tax payers.

Shortly afterwards, one would hope that they are referred to their former employer..." I say, Morning Star anyone?"

Latest Threads