Bye Bye Barbados.

The cynic in me wonders what the financial implications are. Is there some twist to all this that the financial types might be aware of that allows the wealthy island elite to nuzzle a bit closer to the gravy trough while tightening the screws on the rest?

100% this ^
These smaller nations can ( due to location alone ) have a disproportionally large strategic value - all you have to do is bung the boss a few £million.

For example, the islands I lived in as a kid - now called Kiribati - has a population of only 120,000. But is is spread over hundreds of tiny islands - which in turn covers a vast area of the Pacific Ocean as territorial waters.

This is - in effect - now owned by PRC.

It seems to me to be entirely reasonable for any country to want its head of state to be a citizen and to actually reside in the country. And, in the case of Barbados, it seems to me to be entirely reasonable for the head of state to be of the same race as the vast majority of the population.

Well, that's our current Royal Family fceked then.

I can imagine the screeching if that was said about UK.

You racist.
Why would anyone screech in the UK. Fact is, there’s no likely way that the UK’s head of state is going to be anything but Caucasian.

Barbados, like most of the Caribbean islands, is >90% ethnic Afro-Caribbean and 4% white. It seems to me perfectly reasonable for the majority to want an Afro-Caribbean head of state.

Just Barbados?
No, same logic would apply to any realm with an ethnic balance like Barbados. It wouldn’t, for example, apply to Australia which is far more diverse and has an indigenous population.

It appears BLM have been bumping their gums in Barbados.

They want to dismantle white supremacy on an island with over 90% black populace, one political party holds every seat in the house. Every position of power is a black person, which is quite understandable.
So, where is the white supremacy exactly?

Oh! And there's calls for reparations of course.

It appears BLM have been bumping their gums in Barbados.

They want to dismantle white supremacy on an island with over 90% black populace, one political party holds every seat in the house. Every position of power is a black person, which is quite understandable.
So, where is the white supremacy exactly?

Oh! And there's calls for reparations of course.

The show was good. The outlook for Barbados looks grim though.

They will be whinging even more about evil whitey when the rich white tourists from the USA, UK, Canada and Europe don't come any more, and the cruise ships go elswhere.
Money is "the root of evil" though so why do they want it? Freedom comrades...

"There is absolutely nothing covert or sinister about Barbados’ evolving relationship with the People’s Republic of China, says a leading economic advisor."

Story on China-Barbados link ‘based on falsehoods and innuendo’ - Persaud - Barbados Today

The BLM protestors there may have other ideas.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
CIA World Fact Book entry for Barbados - Page last updated: November 16, 2021
Barbados - The World Factbook

Looking elsewhere re relations with China:

"Barbados became the first English Caribbean country to sign the Treaty on Extradition and Treaty on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters with China."

"Since establishing diplomatic relations, Barbados has pursued a policy of cooperation with the Peoples Republic of China based on mutual respect and the pursuit of shared values with people and the Government of China."

Barbados - China Relations
Barbados–China relations - Wikipedia

An official article last year brought replies warning against closer ties with China but this of course has gone unheeded. Barbados and China seeking to deepen relations - Barbados Today
As I recall, the Chinese in general are less than keen on black people
in fact they are very racist towards them
I do hope they dont have a falling out
it could get messy

TamH70

MIA
As I recall, the Chinese in general are less than keen on black people
in fact they are very racist towards them
I do hope they dont have a falling out
it could get messy

Lebensraum in a nice sunny location. Good for the top ranks of the Party to retire to.

Such a shame about the rumours of the coloured people that were supposed to have lived there, but we'll soon stomp those out.

Barbados was always Han territory, after all...

It seems to me to be entirely reasonable for any country to want its head of state to be a citizen and to actually reside in the country. And, in the case of Barbados, it seems to me to be entirely reasonable for the head of state to be of the same race as the vast majority of the population.

I thought there was only one race, the human race?

Glad you think that no black person should ever rise to the head of any country that has a white majority though.

No, same logic would apply to any realm with an ethnic balance like Barbados. It wouldn’t, for example, apply to Australia which is far more diverse and has an indigenous population.

Australia is still majority white. If it was ever to be a republic, its amusing that you dont think a black person should be head of state, Adolf.

I thought there was only one race, the human race?

Glad you think that no black person should ever rise to the head of any country that has a white majority though.
Will we ever have a white head of state again in Africa though. Or in any black majority state. The USA, still a white majority state voted in a black president twice.

Australia is still majority white. If it was ever to be a republic, its amusing that you dont think a black person should be head of state, Adolf.
Not quite sure how you work that one out. If Australia were to become a republic, I hope the first President is indigenous.

If you’ve ever been to the Caribbean and strayed outside of your Sandals resort, you’d understand that the population is overwhelmingly Afro-Caribbean and that those that aren’t are mostly expatriates in the top 1-2% of wealth.

Go and live on a Caribbean island for a few years and understand the huge pride the population have in their country. Of course they want their head of state to be one of them.

Trolling twat.

Latest Threads