Bye Bye Barbados.

Awol

LE
Excellent, we need have no guilt about us delivering 500,000 migrants to their shores, every single year. If they don’t like it, tough. We have an army, an airforce (sort of), a bloody good navy (especially the green hatted ones) and lots and lots of nukes reaching their expiry date. Let’s pray they declare war.

It’s win, win for us, we get rid of a massive problem, and they inherit one. which will cripple their nascent state within 3 months.

Awol

LE
The destiny of many a Britisher is to invade Foreignland and to fight with Johnny Foreigner. Of course we don't like our Manifest Destiny being reversed. Johnny Foreigner belongs in Foreignland, after all!
Underneath a snapped off bayonet if history is any model

Just watching the live feed. Rhianna has just been awarded the honour of National Hero in one of the first acts of the Republic. May I say, in line with the gravitas and dignity of the occasion: “well done, nice norks”.

Awol

LE
I would get very physical if I saw anyone desecrating Horatio, my hero since the age of Seven. I wonder if the statue is in eBay yet? He’d look brilliant screwed to the roof of my van.

lextalionis

War Hero
Typical BBC report from Barbados which had to include a guy who said once they are a republic the British should pay reparations for 300+ years of slavery.
Best of luck with that.
I think we should charge them for the difference between the average income in Africa and the average income they enjoy in Barbados. We could call it the "British Beneficence Charge".

lextalionis

War Hero
Underneath a snapped off bayonet if history is any model
That's not quite the British model. While Tommy and Jack Tar did visit most parts of Foreignland, we managed to maintain a tiny army through using local troops and ruling through the local potentates. We kept order with both the chequebook and the bayonet.

lextalionis

War Hero
I find it quite pleasing to tease Germans with the fact that for all the undoubted valour and efficiency of Imperial German and Nazi troops, they could not conquer Europe with millions of troops whereas we took a third/quarter of the world with far fewer and kept it for much longer. Similar remarks to the French are also enjoyable (although Bony was not as much of a psycho as Kaiser Bill or the Austrian corporal).

lextalionis

War Hero
Either that, or load the Bajans on to ships, drop them off in Angola, give 'em a few thousand quid, and say 'get on with it.'
Send them to Liverpool. Far, far worse. Barbados still has the sense to threaten their murderers with the rope.

Apologies if mentioned upstream. When the next major hurricane hits, who will they be holding their hands out to?

At least on the 14 British territories (modern PC name for a colony) scattered around the world
It was a term used in the laws of the British Empire to describe collectively the imperial possessions. It covered colonies, mandated territories, protectorates and dependencies, etc.

Apologies if mentioned upstream. When the next major hurricane hits, who will they be holding their hands out to?

Aren't they already sucking at the teat of communist China so I guess the Chinese will have a base on the islands soon....and all the joy that that will bring the Barbadians ... and the Yanks will get a bit edgy too.

We're well out of it.

Just watching the live feed. Rhianna has just been awarded the honour of National Hero in one of the first acts of the Republic. May I say, in line with the gravitas and dignity of the occasion: “well done, nice norks”.
...but her range is so great.

Sexy Sailor.
Sexy Cop.
Sexy Bad Girl...etc.

Anyone else mentally humming a well known old Bay City Rollers hit every time they see the thread title?

Probably just me, then.

Not until you brought it up. Not so much a monkey, more like a hermer Bonobo.

By the way:

Charles says the S-word, I don't think he got away with it, and this is going to bounce back on the UK when/if he ascends.

Still using British kit and rig, I see (clock the Guard and matelots).

Why is a President of a brand new Republic sat on what looks awfully like a throne?

Edit shit typing because still in shock at @Provost outing himself. Stand fast Stonewall, your job is done.

Latest Threads