By no way a moan

Discussion in 'Reports & Promotion' started by Driverman11, Jul 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having recently been promoted to Sgt I have been informed I will not be posted for 10 months
    That's life - suck it up. However I maybe able to get 'acting' and be moved into a PID at my current location.

Can someone answer these questions for me?

Will I be reported on in my next SJAR as a Cpl or a Sgt?

Will I lose any 'seniority'?

Will people moving to their new job next month have a advantage on me?

Or when I am posted will my seniority be back dated?

Thanks in advance ....any other info would be great

2. Seniority is from the date officially listed for substantive via Part 2s afaik. Should be the same date as that published on Part 1s.

3. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

Acting rank you get paid for it, local you don't (so it's worth checking what you're actually getting as some people confuse the two).

Seniority applies from when you are substansive in the PID you're promoted into - so it'll be 10 months from now in your case.

I'm pretty certain you'll be reported on in whatever your substansive rank is - which in your case should be good if you're a Cpl and working in the rank above.

That's the thing with vacancy promotion - it can be some time before you're actually wearing. You think it's bad now - wait until you're on the WO1 board, knowing that you can be selected in Dec, only to find your next assignment isn't until 15 months later sometime in March the year after next...

And congratulations by the way. Make sure you take full advantage of the Mess and if you don't like it - be part of the solution and throw your name in the hat to make it more likeable!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Will I be reported on in my next SJAR as a Cpl or a Sgt? - You will be reported on in which ever rank you are Substansive at the time of the SJAR.

Will I lose any 'seniority'? - Your seniority for Sgt does not start until your are sub Sgt, however you're increment date will be from the day you wear the Acting Rank.

Will people moving to their new job next month have a advantage on me? - In terms of seniority yes.

Or when I am posted will my seniority be back dated? - See answer to second question.

5. If you are selected for promotion and are moved into a snco PID as acting Sgt as you say might happen, you should be promoted substansive at the date of being moved into that PID. Your seniority date will be from that date also.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

6. To add to DC's points - you can simultaneously get local rank and pay of higher rank. It takes a bit of a push to justify and it doesn't happen that often/