By Electon results June 2021

Christ, watched Naggy Munchetty on the BBC and they're really after Boris.

"The Tiverton &Honiton by-election lost a 24k majority since Boris Johnson won the sat I'm 2029"

Boris stood in Devon, who knew?

Well that went well!
Boris the beast is on the ropes, but who can step up. Another two constituencies will now have to cope with the crowning of cyclists on the open road, the 20 mph speed limits in towns and bags of rewilding.

Turnouts of 39% and 52% respectively.

Whilst neither loss is a surprise it does suggest that a lot of Conservative voters sat this one out in protest
As in the local elections letting the Green and Yellows run wild, look at what poor old Jeremy Clarkson has to put up with in Oxfordshire!

Christ, watched Naggy Munchetty on the BBC and they're really after Boris.

"The Tiverton &Honiton by-election lost a 24k majority since Boris Johnson won the sat I'm 2029"

Boris stood in Devon, who knew?
He stood there in the future too...

I’ve just got up and got the results here on Arrse. No TV for me today - the gloating of the Liberal elite will be off the scale and I for one can’t blame them to be honest. That’s Democracy.
The Conservative Party once again doing what it does best - ripping itself apart from a position of strength.

Last edited:
Well that went well!
Boris the beast is on the ropes, but who can step up. Another two constituencies will now have to cope with the crowning of cyclists on the open road, the 20 mph speed limits in towns and bags of rewilding.
What?

The BBC's Political Correspondent's take on what Oliver Dpwden didn't say...

Nick Eardley
Political correspondent

What Oliver Dowden doesn’t say in that letter is that he wants Boris Johnson to continue as Conservative Party leader.

He goes on to say somebody must take responsibility for what has happened, and has now fallen on his sword as Tory chairman.

The question that will be asked today is whether Boris Johnson should also be considering his position, given that many Conservatives are increasingly coming to the conclusion that rather than being the electoral asset he was in 2019, that he has now become an electoral liability.

The fact Dowden's letter talks in such stark terms about the state of the party leaves a lot of questions for the prime minister today.

I presume that it's a reference to green policies, that individual MPs have no influence over.
I am genuinely utterly baffled that anyone would think that by having a MP of a particular persuasion would mean that their policies would immediately be applied in that constituency.

Last edited:
I am genuinely utterly baffled that anyone one think that by having a MP of a particular persuasion would mean that their policies would immediately be applied in that constituency.
You are not alone.

Given that it is mid term, the world is in economic turmoil recovering from a pandemic, the third world war is starting in Europe, the MSM is attempting to dictate agendas and remove elected politicians it doesn't approve of,and the low turn-outs, I can allow myself to be completely unmoved by these expected results

GMB and Lab Transport Sec being interviewed in Wakefield who is giddy with excitment that "if this was a election it would be Labour in power". Mmmm weird that because if you use the same analogy in Tiverton, you would have lost the General Election and dippy Lib Dems would have won!

As mid-term results, they are not unexpected, and probably not desperately significant.
Which makes Dowden’s resignation somewhat puzzling, and perhaps, more significant than the results themselves.

Given that it is mid term, the world is in economic turmoil recovering from a pandemic, the third world war is starting in Europe, the MSM is attempting to dictate agendas and remove elected politicians it doesn't approve of,and the low turn-outs, I can allow myself to be completely unmoved by these expected results
I have to disagree. I’m a Conservative voter, but losing two MPs due to their sleazy behaviour and giving the opposition an opportunity to exploit the situation smacks of complacency and arrogance. It is not a good look and I just want the Party to unite (ha, ha) and get on with Governing the Country, exploiting their still significant majority and implementing proper Conservative Policies to build up their strength going into the next GE.
If they continue on the same course, it could be a disaster next time around.
I honestly have no idea what the solution is - BJ isn’t going to go of his own accord, but there is no obvious candidate for Party leader either. It’s a complete shambles and so disappointing after the events of December 2019 (notwithstanding the rough hand they were dealt by the Pandemic).

This looks a bit ominous for Johnson.

We will have to make some difficult decisions - 1922 Committee treasurer​

We've just heard from Conservative MP Sir Geoffrey Clifton-Brown MP who is treasurer of the party's influential 1922 Committee of backbench MPs.

On the precarious situation his party finds itself in, Clifton-Brown tells us: "If I were to run under a bus today it would be difficult to hold my seat, there’s no doubt about that.”
He describes the by-election losses as a “very serious and large defeat in two completely different areas of the country.”

The Conservative Party need to “think very carefully about the future and how we’re going to remedy the situation” so we do stand the best possible chance of winning the next election, he says.

He admits he will be discussing the current circumstances with colleagues.
Quote Message: We will hear what the prime minister says and then we will have to make some difficult decisions no doubt." from Geoffrey Clifton-Brown
We will hear what the prime minister says and then we will have to make some difficult decisions no doubt."
Geoffrey Clifton-Brown

Latest Threads