By Electon results June 2021

The result of the Wakefield By Election has just been announced and;

NEW
Posted at 3:563:56

BREAKINGLabour win Wakefield by-election​

Labour have won the by-election in Wakefield – taking back a so-called "Red Wall" seat they held for 87 years until it was a Conservative gain at the 2019 general election.

The turnout was 39%.

It’s Labour’s first by-election gain in almost 10 years, when they took Corby from the Conservatives in November 2012.

It takes the total number of Labour MPs in the House of Commons to 200. If the Liberal Democrats are confirmed to have won Tiverton and Honiton, Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s majority in the Commons will fall to 68.

Courtesy of Aunty

4:04

BREAKING​

Lib Dems win Tiverton and Honiton by-election​

The Liberal Democrats have taken Tiverton and Honiton from the Conservatives, overturning a majority of more than 24,000.

Lib Dems win Tiverton and Honiton with swing of nearly 30%​

The Liberal Democrats have achieved a stunning swing in taking Tiverton and Honiton from the Conservatives.

Their candidate Richard Foord overturned a Tory majority of more than 24,000 on a swing of nearly 30%.

It's the party's third gain from the Conservatives in just over a year, after victories in Chesham and Amersham and North Shropshire. The Lib Dems now have 14 MPs.

Turnouts of 39% and 52% respectively.

Whilst neither loss is a surprise it does suggest that a lot of Conservative voters sat this one out in protest

4:04

BREAKING​

Lib Dems win Tiverton and Honiton by-election​

The Liberal Democrats have taken Tiverton and Honiton from the Conservatives, overturning a majority of more than 24,000.

Just watched the boring twat on BBC Ameriky giving his acceptance speech. ” In the Army for ten years y’know”.

But, still a poke in the eye for BJ, on both counts.

It is - But sitting Governments normally get a bit of a hammering at mid-term.

I believe that Labour actually lost their deposit in the Tiverton by-election :) :)

The great unwashed taking the opportunity to express their disapproval of recent mis-management.

The great unwashed taking the opportunity to express their disapproval of recent mis-management.

This is what I love :) :)

The new Liberal Democrat MP for Tiverton and Honiton says his win shows that voters think "enough is enough" of Boris Johnson's leadership.

He said: "Tonight the people of Britain have spoken.

The population of Britain is now 47,000 :):)

This is what I love :) :)

The population of Britain is now 47,000 :):)

That 47,000 was likely made up of two groups: The unemployeds who had the time to vote, and people who could afford the petrol to drive there and vote.

Not excess alcohol due to celebrating?

OK, reason accepted. It is early. I'm not sure why I am up .
Off the booze atm because of meds that I'm taking, so no not alcohol related.

On a more cheery note, our old friend Jayda Frantsen received 23 votes coming last and losing her deposit.

Labour appear to have committed most, if not all, of their resources in Wakefield.
Wakefield was a straight Labour win, it would have been very embarrassing for them had they not. Tiverton was tactical and there is no secret about that, its pretty much how the campaign was run.

Latest Threads