BW Back to Iraq

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by DPM, Jul 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. DPM

DPM Old-Salt

BBC Scotland

That's life in a green (off yellow) suit?

2. I was watching the new and it said they were sending only a Coy and not the whole Battalion. Bit of a shitty deal for the guys on there 3rd romp though!

T C
  3. Further quote from this article:

Mr Wishart, whose Perth and North Perthshire constituency is part of the Black Watch's historical recruiting ground, said: "While I have absolutely no doubt that the Black Watch will perform their mission with their customary professionalism, it is simply not fair or right to put them back in Iraq for a third time.

"No other battalion or regiment has been asked to do so much in this conflict and the Black Watch have paid heavily for this over reliance."

Now I am sure of other Regiments and units that have deployed 3 times - Engrs, Gunners and the like.
  4. Indeed, Mr Wishart needs to wish a bit 'art[er] before he gobs off.

If I'm not mistaken, 1LI are currently on 3rd tour: Telic 1, 3 and 8. And I have a feeling that the QDG have only been allowed 2 tours at home since the whole thing kicked off - but I may be mistaken... :) Hahahaaaa!!! :)

Anyway, as others have mentionned, it's only 1 composite coy being deployed - probably as back-filling!!!!

PS. That's not to mock the BW who have done, and will do, a splendid job - just to knock the pathetic party politics of tw@t spouting sh1te...
  5. DPM

DPM Old-Salt

I reckon there's a Bn or 2 on Ceremonials that would love to go - probably a bit cooler over there on a day like today.

You've got to love deploying from NI too - how flights (?) and other 'perks' will work when Op Banner ends should be of interest. Nothing like leaving the wife and kids in sunny Belfast when you're playing Sandcastles...

6. Moaning bastards. Most people from the Combat Arms or CSS parts of the Army have been there three or more times as have some other Inf Bns.

BW (sorry, 3 SCOTS) are not special just because they went to Dogwood so suck it up and get on with it. I don't mean to sound unsympathetic but I'm sick of Inf types saying they're well hard and then moaning about doing their jobs.

7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

you think?
    ...temperature in parts of UK yesterday 34 degrees Centigrade
    ...temperature in Kuwait City yesterday 48 degrees Centigrade

The temperature at NIGHT in Iraq in July is higher than the hottest day we've had in this country this year.

Good luck to the guys deploying.

Le Chevre
  8. I'll second that
  9. Yes it is hot out here. I am working with the QDG and this is their 3rd tour 1, 5 and 8. I am dettached from my Battalion and attached to A Squadron. They are a great bunch of lads, i should be home soon but they have asked to keep us (6 attached lads) for at least a month longer, 8O Oh well its more money, but i will miss my 21st at home.
  10. DPM

DPM Old-Salt

Come on fellas - please detect at least an element of sarcasm in my voice 8O

Say what you like about the temperature, I'd rather be over there than wearing a shagging bear-skin, no matter the weather!

As has already been posted, I don't think the BW situation anything special. With operational tour gaps of minus 1 hour and minus 2 months the norm over the past couple of years(sorry for turning up late - Fireman's strike don't you know), we all know what it's like, and most of us enjoy it.

Where are the Inf types saying they're well hard and then moaning about doing their jobs? I'm saft as sh!t but love my job :wink:

Now get back to supporting us, like you're supposed to.

11. Yeah, if it wasn't for the infantry they'd be no point in the rest of the Army existing, would there? You owe us for your livelihood.
  12. DPM

DPM Old-Salt

13. I think youll find the moaning / shite stirring is being done by the SNP.......I for one am getting sick of their moaning.........they certainly didnt help 1BW on the last deployment in fact they helped anounce their arrival to the local insurgents along with the rest of the shitty UK media circus.

A BW spokesman was quoted in The Courier (BW area rag) that.... "the soldiers themselves find it more satisfying to do what they are trained for" he also described the deployment as "Quite routine".
  14. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of guys.