• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

BV in a Land Rover?

I have seen Landies fitted with BVs in the past, quick question. What are they like? Given that the power consumption must be enourmous for the Landys generator/alternator.

Ones i have seen old boy have been in FFR stylee versions and so would have had a 90 Amp turning and burning under the bonnet. Plenty of gusto in that bad boy.
Hope this helps.

No, and it would be an unauthorised Modification making you liable for any costs incurred from damaged caused to equipment or people :x

Then again if your a civvy & its a civvy vehicle, the answer would be the same :)

Have fun :D

Calm Englishspringer, it is for my own (as in personally owned) landy. I reckon it would be just the ticket. But I have to get around its rather extreme Ampage requirements.

Have a kettle. Just looking in to the situation. 24v is a bit of a drama, although I think I have a way around it (REME VE helped on that), main problem is ampage.

I also have two extra batteries stashed away in side the vehicle (fully isolated from the vehicle battery) to power things like the fridge etc when stationary.

Running a BV from the box standard Rover loom will fry the alternator in the long term. FFR's with the batteries fitted in the rear are more than ample for the job.

chocolate_frog said:
I have seen Landies fitted with BVs in the past, quick question. What are they like? Given that the power consumption must be enourmous for the Landys generator/alternator.
Would work on an FFR :)

But you'd get twatted for having an illegal mod mate. :(

ugly

LE
Typical for many years all you can buy in ex army landies is bl00dy 24v and all of a sudden there isnt one and he needs it!

If you have two 12v batteries in the back and they are wired in parallel (or series I cant fecking remember) then they'll run it. The trouble is recharging those batteries. Thats why 432's have to be running to use the BV.

as a reme tech i know a bit of this what you need to do for a civvy vehicle is just get a power inverter plugged into fag lighter and a normal kettle running stuff of straight of batteries reduces there life span, obviously not a problem with army batts and mr 1043, plus you will be able to charge mobile or gameboy,

chuzu

Chuzu said:
as a reme tech i know a bit of this what you need to do for a civvy vehicle is just get a power inverter plugged into fag lighter and a normal kettle running stuff of straight of batteries reduces there life span, obviously not a problem with army batts and mr 1043, plus you will be able to charge mobile or gameboy,

chuzu
Heh, damn straight.

Latest Threads