Buying stuff on Amazon when you are pissed.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by naguere, Aug 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What did you buy?

Today Rvops told me that my titanium spork was on it's way.

Just the job, as Some 'Surrender Monkey ' lifted mine as i kipped away in my tent in Brittany.

Also I have cleverly gone for the fork at one end and the spoon at the other, Titanium by the way !

The folding one was cute, but could let you down at times.

Well done Rvops by the way.
  2. You've bought a spork??
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I once ordered a diffuser for a Nikon flashgun after a lunchtime of Sheppy's Draught Cider and an afternoon of my own recipe Fucking Marys (like Bloody Marys only with three times the vodka and extra Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce).

I only use Canon equipment.
  4. I have got 2 hamburger presses on the way to me. (not amazon but same idea)

Only wanted the one but was unco-ordintated so much that I ordered 2.

Anyone need a hamburger press?
  5. Does eBay count? I once hit "buy it know" for an engine while drunk, only to discover it was on Dundee.
    I live in Bristol
  6. I've bought allsorts of shit when drunk, I remember one particular night after downing shitloads of port in a celler bar near embankment station I signed up for some cnut of a contractor to supply a "defence information infrastructure" project and it ended up costing me 10 billion or something in loose change
    • Like Like x 1
  7. The complete collection of looney toons.

A 9ft inflatable kangaroo( leaving do)

A ultrafire torch

And some other random shite, the amazon app with one click buy function makes buying dumb shit more easier.
  8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

interesting let me go have a few beers and think about it.

seems like a splendid idea what sort it it?
  9. Volvo 260 from eBay. Car was pretty good!
  10. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

I too am a drunk Amazon Spork buyer...
  11. If it's going for free.........................GIZZIT...............Please.
  12. 2 climbing ropes purchased whilst under the influence of a rather nice port, 2 days before payday, wife was well chuffed! still who needs road tax
  13. When my first drunken ebay adventure , a goldwing trike got written off by a nicked motor, I did a re run and bought a series 2 light weight landrover as a toy only to find that insurance was going to be 1500
    The seller was a gent and let me off
  14. I bought a red plastic one. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

But wasn't. I also have five watches in my desk drawer from the time when I was trying to find out how to order items from while in Spain without incurring duty (most stuff comes from Germany, but there's a trick to do with the postage...)