Buying C95 clothing

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by crescent, Aug 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evenin' all

Having originally had my appendix blow just before I was supposed to start regs phase one, I'm now in the TA. Just passed selection and I'm starting Phase One weekends in October.

My uncle who is ex regular cavalry, suggested I buy a seperate set of C95's to keep pressed and clean and not wear - for inspections.

So I'm wondering if anyone could point me towards a good place to get hold please?

2. Try Soldier of Fortune or RVOPS
  3. If you go onto the field textiles website ( they get MOD surplus stock etc ) they have a list of their registered retailers' websites which sell grade 1 & grade 2 kit ( ie brand spanking, second had but still good).

Surprisingly enough Cadet Direct seem to have most things. Don't be put off by their title , worth a look
  4. msr

msr LE

You will get 2 sets anyway and plenty of notice if you have to get them pressed for an inspection.

5. You could always ask your clothing storeman to P1954 you for a set 8)

6. Good luck with that as a recruit!!!
  7. P1954? To those of us not in the know, what is that exactly?
  8. cresent,
    please check your PM
  9. When my kit was issued it was brand new - so go to a surplus buy cheap stuff and keep the spanking new stuff for best! (girly kirby grips are also great for holing the creases in place while your kit is packed and hanging!)
  10. what s a kirby grip?
  11. one of those wierd metal thingys that girls put in their hair to get that perfect croydon facelift look.
  12. too easy!
  13. classic, classic...
  14. only cos I got got by it in another thread!
  15. Actually, I do remember that, what was that about? Something about a female recruit demanding tampons and kirbys?