Buying C95 clothing

Evenin' all

Having originally had my appendix blow just before I was supposed to start regs phase one, I'm now in the TA. Just passed selection and I'm starting Phase One weekends in October.

My uncle who is ex regular cavalry, suggested I buy a seperate set of C95's to keep pressed and clean and not wear - for inspections.

So I'm wondering if anyone could point me towards a good place to get hold please?

Cheers,
Crescent

If you go onto the field textiles website ( they get MOD surplus stock etc ) they have a list of their registered retailers' websites which sell grade 1 & grade 2 kit ( ie brand spanking, second had but still good).

Surprisingly enough Cadet Direct seem to have most things. Don't be put off by their title , worth a look

You will get 2 sets anyway and plenty of notice if you have to get them pressed for an inspection.

msr

EScotia said:
You could always ask your clothing storeman to P1954 you for a set 8)

Good luck with that as a recruit!!!

P1954? To those of us not in the know, what is that exactly?

When my kit was issued it was brand new - so go to a surplus buy cheap stuff and keep the spanking new stuff for best! (girly kirby grips are also great for holing the creases in place while your kit is packed and hanging!)

Grumpypickle said:
When my kit was issued it was brand new - so go to a surplus buy cheap stuff and keep the spanking new stuff for best! (girly kirby grips are also great for holing the creases in place while your kit is packed and hanging!)
Hmm don't think so! always found that new uniform be it the old style working dress/cbt 95 needs to be washed through a fair few times for a decent crease to stay bet any money I'd have a sharper crease in my well worn uniform than your brand spanking new one :wink:

brettarider said:
Grumpypickle said:
Hmm don't think so! always found that new uniform be it the old style working dress/cbt 95 needs to be washed through a fair few times for a decent crease to stay bet any money I'd have a sharper crease in my well worn uniform than your brand spanking new one :wink:
Second that , i always put any new cs95 through the machine about 3 times before use , makes it easier to iron as well IMO..

Latest Threads