Buying a piece of Greece

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by re-stilly, Oct 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As the Greeks need every penny they can get, who wants to chip in and buy a piece. I can stump up £100 which should buy one of the smaller islands.

2. I'll go up to £200 for one of the larger ones. :)

3. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

£150 for a small one with a dozen-strong harem of local birds.

Nice ones, though - none of the hairy types.

4. I will bung in £300 for Lesbos, limit its use to the activity which derives its name from the place and install CCTV everywhere including every hotel room.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Problem with that is as they hit 30 they turn into this

[​IMG]

6. Will the Greeks accept payment in Euros?

• Like Like x 2
  7. So we should pimp out Greece? With over 11 million people that's an awful lot of whoring..

8. I know it's Cyprus, not Greece but they are the same thing really. Me and a mate toured Limassol back in 76 looking for some action and that was just about all we could find that was willing! So, we declined the offer and went back to the bar to get even more drunk!

9. I think you'll fid that the Chinese have already bought it.

10. Can't believe that, nowt there for the Chinese. Unless they are going to turn it into Europa Container park.

11. If they'll go to Africa, they'll go to Greece.

12. Does Greece have oil? Or anything else valuable?

13. They have Olive Oil, and the Panthenon.

14. Now there's a thought! Could we snap up that Parthenon thing for a few grand? It shouldn't cost much, because it's an absolute ruin, terribly neglected by the current owners. I think it might make a nice setting for the Elgin marbles that are currently in the British Museum.