Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying a boat , fantasy or reality?............

I forgot to ask for some advice........I need a name for the boat.

Couple of suggestion so far, but more welcome. These are:
  • "Black Pig".....(was Pugwash's old tub);
  • "Unsinkable II"; or
  • "Sideboob".
In your own time, carry-on.
Mid Life Cry Seas

Banker

I forgot to ask for some advice........I need a name for the boat.

Couple of suggestion so far, but more welcome. These are:
  • "Black Pig".....(was Pugwash's old tub);
  • "Unsinkable II"; or
  • "Sideboob".
In your own time, carry-on.

Titanic 2

Marie Celeste

"Unsinkable II"
Visiting yacht in my marina a couple of years ago. Couldn't believe that anyone would name their boat so confidently, and probably unjustifiably. Owner and his Mrs were a smiling pair of hippies, with glazed eyes, doing the circuit of Ireland.

Diogenes' limp

Old-Salt
Visiting yacht in my marina a couple of years ago. Couldn't believe that anyone would name their boat so confidently, and probably unjustifiably. Owner and his Mrs were a smiling pair of hippies, with glazed eyes, doing the circuit of Ireland.
It could have been a Sadler - the yacht, not the Hippy's trade. A couple of models are supposed to be unsinkable and great fun was to be had trying to see if it was true - that trip too involved overconfidence naivety in combination with overfalls off the tip of Plada. (South of Arran)

When I say naivety I really mean stupidity.

Boat arrived a couple of days ago, I'm really chuffed. Extraordinary level of fit out, and beautifully done. Sitting comfortably in my shed.....maiden voyage tomorrow, then off to the Barier Reef for some serious fishing.

Boat arrived a couple of days ago, I'm really chuffed. Extraordinary level of fit out, and beautifully done. Sitting comfortably in my shed.....maiden voyage tomorrow, then off to the Barier Reef for some serious fishing.

Barsteward!

Edited to add: They are a brilliant design and extremely well made by the manufacturer. There are copy cat versions around that a positively dangerous.

Merry Christmas! I bet that took a while to unwrap...

What name did you decide on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a short vessel. Will it be jumpy under power and choppy water? Water-Roo?

6.4m, or 21' in old money.

Was out today, crossed the bar in the dark, weather forecast was good. Wind took an unexpected turn, and the swell got up to 2.5m with white caps. Boat dealt with it without a second thought. Trim tabs probably made a difference. They're made in Invercargill, on the tip of the South Island of NZ. Their test waters are the roaring 40's, so they're pretty battle hardened. It's the Unimog of the seas.

Latest Threads