Buying a boat , fantasy or reality?............

Having had more than a few friends who have loved the boating life, their is a single mantra amongst them - 'the two best days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.'

Old but going by their experiences, apt.

I should add that every time I climbed onboard I always thought 'want one'.

I could fit a few in , 14 berth ! , maybe I could make a few quid with it renting rooms to Arrsers for "business meetings"
Renting it to Border Force would probably be more profitable.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
@rampant or @Ravers are probably your best bet for advice. The former is/was involved in restoring them and the latter has been looking to buy one for a while.

Screw cost to run. If anyone actually cost it out on running costs and maintenance of a boat no one would buy. If she is in good condition and you can use her to her full potential and can afford buy, buy, buy and make sad gits like me envious. I'm looking at a solid but shagged boat to refurbish at the moment. Heart says yes but bank account would bleed like a hemophiliac at an origami convention.

This is similar to what I'm trying to justify buying Colvic Northerner for sale UK, Colvic boats for sale, Colvic used boat sales, Colvic Motor Boats For Sale Colvic Northerner (available) - Apollo Duck
http://colvic.apolloduck.co.uk/feature.phtml?id=499862
But tres more work needed.

Maintenance, fuel cost, mooring fee,s are just the start.

Rent and get it out of your system.

Little.... in fact nothing in this world will empty your bank balance and pockets faster than a boat....
This include's scorned lovers , Ex wives , Children that have left home and gone to university ....
But....I have always wanted a WW2 era MTB or Air Sea rescue launch ....Oh the sound of those Packards

Little.... in fact nothing in this world will empty your bank balance and pockets faster than a boat....
This include's scorned lovers , Ex wives , Children that have left home and gone to university ....
But....I have always wanted a WW2 era MTB or Air Sea rescue launch ....Oh the sound of those Packards
I guess it would be more realistic if I got rid of the house and missus.....good idea.

Screw cost to run. If anyone actually cost it out on running costs and maintenance of a boat no one would buy. If she is in good condition and you can use her to her full potential and can afford buy, buy, buy and make sad gits like me envious. I'm looking at a solid but shagged boat to refurbish at the moment. Heart says yes but bank account would bleed like a hemophiliac at an origami convention.

This is similar to what I'm trying to justify buying Colvic Northerner for sale UK, Colvic boats for sale, Colvic used boat sales, Colvic Motor Boats For Sale Colvic Northerner (available) - Apollo Duck
But tres more work needed.
That looks like it would be a lot of fun.

You'll need a crew - and you'll probably have more success recruiting one than Capita.