Buy back your old kit

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by General Melchett, Mar 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

It would seem that Field Textiles has jumped on the ebay bandwagon.

So now you can buy back all that kit you handed in to the QM.

(For those of you who don't know when you hand in your kit to the QM it gets boxed up and sold to Field Textiles, probably for £10 an MFO box, who sell it on to Surplus shops)

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Outdoor_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm

2. As a young sprog in my first unit, I remember spending a day at the QM's I was ment to be cutting clothing up that was then binned, most of it went back to my room, to be "re-exchanged"......

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Broken link it seems, on the thought of surplus, who disposes of ammo?

4. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

isn't it shipped out to a sandy place, stacked high and blown up?

or are you wishing to get rid of some ;)

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

No I had an enquiry for 250 000 rds of RG 7.62 ball. I knew that RG used to sell of stock it had stored (been paid to) as thats how I got most of my .303 in the 90's. Just wondering if there was a site or a list of auctions?

6. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

They certainly have,
    I just found 2 items in their ebay shop, identical in every way, one is listed as Brand New (£4.99), the other Grade 1 (£4.00). No problems so far. The cost of postage for the grade 1 item is £4.50, for the Brand new one £7.50.

Yes I would say that's jumping on the Bandwagon, the great ebay postage ripoff bandwagon.

Robbing *****

7. ^ can they rob one for me, please?

8. On their webshop, they have a standard £7.50 postage for orders up to £30. As soon as you hit that the postage goes up to £15!!!!!!

9. Must be expensive sending weighted parcels.

10. You could always do what I did. Buy the Q.M. a pint every time you see him, works every time and I have still got my kilt to prove it. Only problem is I cant get it above my knees now. Corruption is not the preservation of politicians alone.