Buy an ex RAF Jet Fighter at Everett Aero Sale!!!!!!!!!!

B

Biscuits_AB

YankMarine said:
Wouldn't mind having a Jaguar.
Better than the Cessna 172's-182's I'm used to. Fuel and insurance would be outrageous, though.
Would be great to slip into conversation when your mates ask what you're driving now........"I've just bought myslef a Jag". "What's the fuel consumption like?" "It's a bit thirsty". Then Billy BMW pipes up at how much faster his 5 yr old Series 5 is and offers you to go outside the pub for a race.

I'd love to buy a Harrier and have it as a gate guardian at the end of the drive. Or even better, learn how to fly the damn thing. I can just see myself 'parking' it on the drive and unloading my Lidl bags.

How much do these things cost? For some reason, I've always believed that they were scrapped or farmed off to Aviation Museums at the end of thier time.

Sea Harrier you mean.
Ex RN Not RAF
Look after them, just in case we need them.

sea harrier oh yes
anyone know where ernasto lives :twisted: the mad spic schoolby live I have a cunning plan :twisted:

YankMarine said:
Better than the Cessna 172's-182's I'm used to. Fuel and insurance would be outrageous, though.
Didn't Prescott buy two?

Why go to the that hassel just go to UK Surplus.

They have 3 Canberra PR9 aircraft XH135, XH134 and XH131

Aircraft are in an airworthy condition and can be viewed at either RAF Waddington air show on 1st and 2nd July 2006 and RAF Fairford air show on the 14th and 15th July 2006.

Subject to reimbursement of costs, the RAF will deliver the aircraft within a reasonable distance of RAF Marham. Dates for this will be the 29th, 30th and the 31st of July.

http://www.uksurplus.com/list/e10619

If I was goin to buy a Jaguar or Harrier I would at least want the engines :eek:

Hope they go to a good home.

Roadless said:
If I was goin to buy a Jaguar or Harrier I would at least want the engines :eek:

Canberra PR9 you fly away with it on the 29th they are in an airworthy condition however it will be for single flight but after that you will need to bring it up to CAA spec.

Wouldnt mind a Canberra either :eek:

Does it come with all the recon gear,
mite do some free lance spying, mite be some
contracts on the go :eek:

What is the RAF replacing the Canberra with ?

Seal_Master said:
Roadless said:

Canberra PR9 you fly away with it on the 29th they are in an airworthy condition however it will be for single flight but after that you will need to bring it up to CAA spec.
Yes we know, previous owner was an elderly lady.

Mrs Windsor?

Roadless said:

They are not replacing it as such, PR roll going to be done by adhoc aircraft type as and when needed but I could be wrong so I am sure one of the spotters or RAF types would have better idea?

Biscuits_AB said:
YankMarine said:
Would be great to slip into conversation when your mates ask what you're driving now........"I've just bought myslef a Jag". "What's the fuel consumption like?" "It's a bit thirsty". Then Billy BMW pipes up at how much faster his 5 yr old Series 5 is and offers you to go outside the pub for a race.

I'd love to buy a Harrier and have it as a gate guardian at the end of the drive. Or even better, learn how to fly the damn thing. I can just see myself 'parking' it on the drive and unloading my Lidl bags.

How much do these things cost? For some reason, I've always believed that they were scrapped or farmed off to Aviation Museums at the end of thier time.
With the numbers of piston-engine WW11 era aircraft dwindling, the older, cold-war jets are getting more and more popular. (at least here in the US.) The most readily available being the Czech-built L-39 albatross trainer, which can be had for a song. I've seen them in trade-a-plane for less than $100k, depending on condition.
The catch is a series of rather Byzantine rules and regs you have to follow to get insurance to actually fly the thing. Most warbird owners defray costs by renting them out for airshows, fly-ins, etc. Having one strictly for personal use would be prohibitavely expensive for most, unless you're Bill Gates or Tom Cruise (he has a P-51).
A group of pilots in my home state of Montana got together and bought a Mig-21 back in the 90's, but it became a money sucking liability, and they had to sell it.

Biscuits_AB said:
I'd love to buy a Harrier and have it as a gate guardian at the end of the drive. Or even better, learn how to fly the damn thing.

Dono if you have ever heard of this company, but it sure would be class to head down there and put up
some flying time with these beasts.

It would cost a bomb though

http://www.thundercity.com/

Forget you dreams of buying Harriers and Jaguars, get onto the Charities & Welfare and buy your Arrse Mr Potato lapel pin. Less than the price of a pint and much cheaper than paying for Aviation Fuel!. Proceeds to the ABF..

But look what a plane does, It gets you high in the sky and you can take yourself Abroad!!!, No more need for an Easyjet!.

The F-4 Phantom was a legend, First used in the FAA aboard the HMS Ark Royal RO9. Most British F-4s were scrapped and only 5ish exist today

I wouldnt mind havin a Lightning!

The worlds biggest plane dealer is based in AMARC, Tucson, Arizona. They hold a sh1t load of planes in the desert. Some get scrapped off there, kept for spares, repair, on reserve or either sold to foreign nations
http://www.amarcexperience.com/Default.asp

Wasnt a Vulcan Bomber sold on EBay?

Roadless said:
Wouldnt mind a Canberra either :eek:

Does it come with all the recon gear,
mite do some free lance spying, mite be some
contracts on the go :eek:

Google Earth...

With the numbers of piston-engine WW11 era aircraft dwindling
Not strictly true YM , according to my homie Mark Clark.

I think the PR9's can be delivered by RAF aircrew to a destination airfield, buyer pays ferry costs without the CAA mularkey, if the aircraft haven't been SOC. Still airworthy implies they haven't been , (Bang seats etc)

Would love a PR9 , lovely looking kite.