Buy a nice Certificate - Walts

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Travelgall, Jul 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody in the Airsoft market for one of these to go with your nice shinny illegally bought Osprey plates. You can also buy a "P Company" Certificate, "Sniper All Arms" Certificate, "Interrogation & Counter Insurgency" certificate et all. Should we castigate the guy selling this deeply offensive crap, or salute him for getting a bunch of Peter Pan fantasists to buy it.

Thanks to strima for finding this rubbish on ebay.

eBay My World - commandogunner21

Attached Files:

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I wonder if anyone here has actually ever served with them and could actually give a shit.

Also do you actually get a certificate for passing selection?

3. I Reckon the Beret, Wings and shiny blue stable belt are considered sufficient.

4. aha, another Commando Gunner on the make!!! Good on him!

5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I understand - from a reliable source - that those behind this tried to get official endorsement, on the grounds that they were donating someof the profits to charidee. I also understand that they were given the brush-off, on the even better grounds that almost all the badges and symbols used on these certificates are Copyright MOD.

If anyonedoes, genuinely, need a replacement certificate, then write to the School concerned, and they'll help you out.

Of course, if you want a fake one, use the site linked above......

6. No you dont't I had to buy mine cos them wouldn't give me one to show I was me...

7. Castigate the guy? I would rather watch you make a c*nt of yourself on here getting in a fizz about hooky gear on ebay.

8. Ravers

You get a voucher to get 50% off the price of Andy McNab books.

9. Actually Old Boy, speaking on a personal level, when I saw them I laughed like a drain. Just wanted some other opinion.

10. No you didnt you beefer, you wanted us all to pile into the proverbial 'Outrage Special' 7.5 tonner and head out into the murky internet waving placards and shouting a lot....If I could screw cash out of army barmy civvies by selling certificates that resemble the winning entry in a 'who can pooh the most onto a piece of A3' competition then I would.

Fair play to the bloke, if you scream out enough of them every year its your fortnight in Gran Canaria booked and sorted.

11. They were 4 Tonners in my day.

12. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

This sort of thing is not a problem when it's confined to framed Certs on the wall above your chair at work, or in the Cadet Hut, or other places of walting need, but if they are used to obtain a paid position, or similar, then isn't it fraud or deception?

Anyway, I want my Underwater Knife Fighting Instructor's Certificate replaced - my last one got, err, eaten by a leopardshark.

13. Who cares. Them that did know, them that didn't and try to pretend are special. I just feel sorry for them.

14. Back in the early 80s I did/got sent on the LRRP course at the SF school in Wiengarten where all the DS were 'Them'.

At the end of the course 'They' went around handing out the most appalling Walty certificates bearing the badge and motto and a bit of guff which they'd clearly arranged to have run off privately somewhere.

The 'award' was immediately followed by 'that'll be 50 Deutchmarks' which obviously funded their end of course piss up.

Funny enough as a classic piece of DS blackmail but soon turned to hilarity as both us students and the DS spotted the ginger RMP Capt, who had somehow blagged his way onto an infantry course - and was the biggest twat I ever met in a uniform - tucking it carefully away and looking as chuffed as if he'd been awarded a VC.

The ****** has probably still got it on his wall somewhere.

15. Of course ! - but the name is blanked out.....

....and I'm not "replacing" my para course report if you only get a C for fitness. ( fair play to the bloke at least he does'nt give these walts straight A+s.)