Butchers in or near Aldershot

Can anbody reccomend a good butcher in or around the Aldershot area? I'm sick of having to deal with meat filled full of water or fat, prime example is Tescos "finest" bacon, still gets some of that white water scum on the meat.

How far are you willing to travel? I know friends said Turners is great - but the address is only as clear as "Near Manor Park" I am afraid. I know 2 great ones in Farnham if they might help (and can give real directions and everything).

There's a good one on Downing Street in Farnham. Couple in Aldershot over towards the Lower Farnham Road. Really good one in Hartney Whitney, but that is a bit further a-field...

For high quality bacon I will happily travel to Farnham and beyond!

vampireuk said:
For high quality bacon I will happily travel to Farnham and beyond!
"The Game Larder" in Claygate, Surrey. Excellent bacon! About 25/30 mins drive from the Shot though.

Their "Old English" and "Director" sausages are the best I've ever tasted.

HATTO's on the left hand side on Frimley Road just before you hit the A30 towards Sandhurst - it's where all the officer Pads go for their Sunday Roasts!

Try Mark Turner & Daughters

Mark Turner. 01252 314045. 58 Church Road, Aldershot, GU11 3PS.

Bloody good bloke. Will do any cut you want and will get hold of anything you require.
Very good service, efficient and good value.

Anything from a few slices of bacon and a Sunday joint, up to very large orders.

If you are squeamish they will cut,slice,chop,stuff,tie and do just about anything you want.

Any questions just PM.

p.s. I am not the proprietor :D

northern_warrior said:
Try Mark Turner & Daughters

Mark Turner. 01252 314045. 58 Church Road, Aldershot, GU11 3PS.

Bloody good bloke. Will do any cut you want and will get hold of anything you require.
Very good service, efficient and good value.

Anything from a few slices of bacon and a Sunday joint, up to very large orders.

If you are squeamish they will cut,slice,chop,stuff,tie and do just about anything you want.

Any questions just PM.

p.s. I am not the proprietor :D
I'll second that.

They're the best butchers in town!

Have you tried the place in North Camp opposite the Manhattan Pizza place?

It's a real butchers as opposed to a goon in a white coat in Tesco.

Always used these guys when wanting a bit of quality.

A Turner & Son
205 North Ln, Aldershot, Hampshire GU12
01252 322825

Used to be a cracking cafe a few doors down excellent fry up.‎

fatsplasher said:
Always used these guys when wanting a bit of quality.

A Turner & Son
205 North Ln, Aldershot, Hampshire GU12
01252 322825

Used to be a cracking cafe a few doors down excellent fry up.‎
I'd recommend them also. Just round the corner from my house too.

i've just had a shufti at the prices for game meats on the devonrose butchers web site......christ on a bike they're bloody expensive, 16 quid for a brace of pheasant, 8 quid for a brace of pigeon.....thank feck i own a shotgun and get the stuff for free. if only i could go shooting pigs, free bacon butties

The one I use is Morgans at 39, Ridgway Rd, Farnham, Surrey GU9 8NN because I love the lamb (I hear the beef is wonderful too - but the lamb is too good for me to progress to it). If you want a huge range (and somewhere open Sunday mornings when you have forgotten things) then Newlyns Farm Shop at Lodge Farm, Hook Rd, North Warnborough, Hook, Hampshire RG29 1HA is really good too. The best pork pie I have ever tasted.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Bit further away than you want but Robinsons in Stockbridge is one of the best in the south.

Woods in North Camp (quoted above nearly opposite Manhattan) is pretty good and reasonably priced. Turners in North Lane, Aldershot (same family as Turners in Church Road) is also excellent. Woods can get pretty much anything you like, but not goat for some reason.

ugly

LE
Looks like you're spoiled for choice!

Try the following, fantastic small, unassuming butchers in North Camp cheaper than Woods but, good quality meat. The old guy is called John and knows everything about meat (Funnily enough)!

Bethney's
176 Queens Road
Farnborough
(01252) 543283

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Cookery 13
clifftop The Intelligence Cell 7
civpop42 The Intelligence Cell 25