Butchers in or near Aldershot

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by vampireuk, Nov 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anbody reccomend a good butcher in or around the Aldershot area? I'm sick of having to deal with meat filled full of water or fat, prime example is Tescos "finest" bacon, still gets some of that white water scum on the meat.

2. Road kill any good to ya? :)

3. How far are you willing to travel? I know friends said Turners is great - but the address is only as clear as "Near Manor Park" I am afraid. I know 2 great ones in Farnham if they might help (and can give real directions and everything).

4. There's a good one on Downing Street in Farnham. Couple in Aldershot over towards the Lower Farnham Road. Really good one in Hartney Whitney, but that is a bit further a-field...

5. For high quality bacon I will happily travel to Farnham and beyond!

6. "The Game Larder" in Claygate, Surrey. Excellent bacon! About 25/30 mins drive from the Shot though.

Their "Old English" and "Director" sausages are the best I've ever tasted.

7. HATTO's on the left hand side on Frimley Road just before you hit the A30 towards Sandhurst - it's where all the officer Pads go for their Sunday Roasts!

8. Try Mark Turner & Daughters

Mark Turner. 01252 314045. 58 Church Road, Aldershot, GU11 3PS.

Bloody good bloke. Will do any cut you want and will get hold of anything you require.
    Very good service, efficient and good value.

Anything from a few slices of bacon and a Sunday joint, up to very large orders.

If you are squeamish they will cut,slice,chop,stuff,tie and do just about anything you want.

Any questions just PM.

p.s. I am not the proprietor :D

9. I'll second that.

They're the best butchers in town!

10. Have you tried the place in North Camp opposite the Manhattan Pizza place?

It's a real butchers as opposed to a goon in a white coat in Tesco.

11. Always used these guys when wanting a bit of quality.

A Turner & Son
    205 North Ln, Aldershot, Hampshire GU12
    01252 322825

Used to be a cracking cafe a few doors down excellent fry up.‎

12. I'd recommend them also. Just round the corner from my house too.

13. i've just had a shufti at the prices for game meats on the devonrose butchers web site......christ on a bike they're bloody expensive, 16 quid for a brace of pheasant, 8 quid for a brace of pigeon.....thank feck i own a shotgun and get the stuff for free. if only i could go shooting pigs, free bacon butties