Butcher of Ramadi Turned in By Iraqis

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tomahawk6, Dec 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was going to make a comment about psyops and PR (and Fox) but then realised that I didn't know enough about the situation to actually pass that comment, so I'll retract it and remain silent ;)
  2. I find Fox to be more reliable and less opinionated than al Jazeera or CNN. Just personal preference.
  3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And you expect to be taken seriously on here? :roll:
  4. Admitted you lot prefer to side with the terrorists and al Jazeera, but hey its worth a try. :?
  5. Amazing the response you'll get from yanks if you ever question Fox
  6. Funny the response one gets here when pointing out some good news from Iraq.
  7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Not questioning good news, just your assertion that Fox is balanced. No more so than a two wheeled car.
  8. Point a few other sources than the US PR machine called Fox and people may believe.

Trust me, I am very aware of both our guys and your guys sacrifices over there. However, one uncorroborated story from Fox is like believing that Jack and Jill really are still up the hill.

I'll disbelieve a story that I really do want to believe until it is proven by multiple credible sources, not just a US PR rag.
  9. I like Fox. If I lived in the UK I would watch Sky. I dont condemn you for the news sources you like. The bottom line is that you might be missing out on stories that wont show up on the BBC. Every day I read news articles from sources all over the world. Its interesting how some stories arent covered at all, many others have variances. Like UK media not wanting to call the UK bombers terrorists. The BBC was so slanted during the invasion of Iraq that the crews of RN ships dropped the BBC in favor of Sky.
  10. Good job that loads of us sided with you in the CIVIL WAR (I understand that you call it the war of independance), otherwise you would have never have of won :)H
  11. You ARE simply ancient Stella. Had no idea you were around then. Cant say I sided with you during your Civil war, not that old sorry.
  12. isnt that the one were the negro slave owning and ethnic clensers of the north american 'first nation' peoples didnt want to pay thier taxes for being saved from the french in the 7 year war of 1756-1763 ????
  13. Iraqis Hand Over 'The Butcher,' High-Ranking Al Qaeda Member
    So, the good citizens of Ramadi have handed over this chap have they? Hmmmmm! I suspect that the story has changed somewhat between Camp Blue Diamond and the Fox newsdesk.... :wink:

If it's completely true, then this Amir Khalaf Fanus must have done something to really pi$$ of the locals. Did he threaten to do a 'Vichy', or simply lower the going rate for a 'volunteer'?
  14. Good point about the BBC in Iraq, they have always opposed the war in Iraq (so much for 'balance and impartiality') - their Baghdad correspondant, Caroline Hawley, always looks like she has sucked on a lemon before presenting her report.