But should he have used it first ?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by knockknee, Dec 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Eh? Story? Link?

2. The link was mysteriously wiped on the first submission.

3. So... any item with the same information as a cheque is legal? Would a tattoo on a certain part of the anatomy count? Think of the jokes that you could make if your Harry Johnson was worth a million quid :D

4. Quality! Well done that man!

"When asked what he would have done if a customer had given him a similar method of payment, Roper, a retired company director, told the court: “I would have accepted the cheque, paid any additional fees and then sent him a receipt, also written on toilet paper. I would have entered into the spirit of things."
    There is hope!

5. You would then have to cut it off to cash it

6. "Well done the Judge" my arse. I believe that the court overstepped the mark there. A cheque of this sort is perfectly acceptable, as the bank confirmed, and this is not the first time that this sort of thing has been done. Other notable cheques have been written on fish, pigs, and other assorted and amusing items. All are legal, providing they contain the relevant information, and to try to levy an administrative charge with an implied threat of court action, is tantamount to demanding money with menaces (a criminal offence).