Busy in 2 MI?

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Op_Int_and_Spy, Feb 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Certain Open Sources would tend tend to indicate our offices in Edinburgh and Folkestone have a bit of work on at present. :wink:

2. That might be the case!

3. The curse of half-term!

4. Doubtful....its probably the first the CI OPS Wing at Bn HQ have heard about it.

5. 8O :roll: :roll: :roll: .......

..thought I'd been caught....

6. There are some amongst you who can talk with some authority about life in "sleepy hollow" then?

7. oh, you're back then...

Bugger

8. I think you mean 't0ss0er'...

9. Let THIS be a lesson to all of you, the biggest crime is getting caught and driving top of the range motors whilst on meagre pay always raises suspicions........

10. But they are t0ssers also :x

11. Subaru? A bit RAF P&SS, surely.

12. The local MI Bn have to be informed of all finds of Military Ammunition by the tasked EOD team. (Strangly we don't have to inform the RMP, but then I suppose that it is quite serious and the real police are on hand).

13. :D

14. That is because the RMP are already so overstretched that they cannot be spared.

15. On a more serious and emotive note, isn't this indicative of how 2 MI BN are unlikely to ever have a good "CI" case running ? I make this comment purely impartially (as a civvy of 12 months) and my last tour being in 2 MIB . With the RMP/SIB always having primacy in these types of investigations, the opportunity for "intelligence gain" is always going to be lost. Needless to say, why do we maintain that we are conducting "CI" because I think it has been a fair few years that the Corps has claimed a succesful CI Operation ?? (Aside from the holidaymakers in the Med :wink: ) Any thoughts ??