Busy in 2 MI?

Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Certain Open Sources would tend tend to indicate our offices in Edinburgh and Folkestone have a bit of work on at present. :wink:
There are some amongst you who can talk with some authority about life in "sleepy hollow" then?

Piglet_Files said:
Doubtful....its probably the first the CI OPS Wing at Bn HQ have heard about it.
The local MI Bn have to be informed of all finds of Military Ammunition by the tasked EOD team. (Strangly we don't have to inform the RMP, but then I suppose that it is quite serious and the real police are on hand).

dingerr said:
Piglet_Files said:
Doubtful....its probably the first the CI OPS Wing at Bn HQ have heard about it.
The local MI Bn have to be informed of all finds of Military Ammunition by the tasked EOD team. (Strangly we don't have to inform the RMP, but then I suppose that it is quite serious and the real police are on hand).
:D

On a more serious and emotive note, isn't this indicative of how 2 MI BN are unlikely to ever have a good "CI" case running ? I make this comment purely impartially (as a civvy of 12 months) and my last tour being in 2 MIB . With the RMP/SIB always having primacy in these types of investigations, the opportunity for "intelligence gain" is always going to be lost. Needless to say, why do we maintain that we are conducting "CI" because I think it has been a fair few years that the Corps has claimed a succesful CI Operation ?? (Aside from the holidaymakers in the Med :wink: ) Any thoughts ??

Is a successful CI Op, not one you never get to hear about?

I don't know what the situation is like now, but back in the day, getting the MI Bns to cough up their reports to the trg establishment was like getting blood out of a stone.

As a realistic CI case takes weeks / months to nurture, this would tend to make the training a bit difficult to replicate.........

There have been plenty of successful CI operations and cases in recent years. The fact that they are not published on a anonymous internet website means absolutely nothing.

Bonzo_Dog said:
There have been plenty of successful CI operations and cases in recent years. The fact that they are not published on a anonymous internet website means absolutely nothing.
I beg to differ Bonzo. I cannot think of one in 2 MI between 2003-2007. Yes we have provided "input" into other agency lead cases, so perhaps you can give me the benefit of your Corps CI experience and define a "success" solely on Corps efforts??

Bonzo_Dog said:
Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Hmm, I think I just said that..................

Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Bonzo_Dog said:
Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Hmm, I think I just said that..................
You did. Have a coconut