Business claiming against a deceased estate?

Is there a time limit for a business to claim against an estate? I am owed about two thousand pounds for work done but never paid for.
The family have been very obstructive throughout, and only by going to the property did I see it had been sold.I contacted the estate agents, they put me onto the family's solicitors.I lodged a claim with them. Now the solicitors say they now longer represent the family in this matter.The son of the family rang last night to say it is now too late to claim.
The various sites I've looked refer to family claims.but nothing about businesses claims
any thoughts?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Is there a time limit for a business to claim against an estate? I am owed about two thousand pounds for work done but never paid for.
The family have been very obstructive throughout, and only by going to the property did I see it had been sold.I contacted the estate agents, they put me onto the family's solicitors.I lodged a claim with them. Now the solicitors say they now longer represent the family in this matter.The son of the family rang last night to say it is now too late to claim.
The various sites I've looked refer to family claims.but nothing about businesses claims
any thoughts?
How long was it between your invoice and work completion until the client died ?
and when did you find out ? surely if you had sent invoices and reminder the family were duty bound to pass them to the solicitor for probate, Sounds like they couldnt wait to spend the money

ugly

LE
Small claims court usually works, they will fold if the bailiffs turn up!