Busiest online forums.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by bovvy, Feb 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm curious. I've occasionally discovered other internet forums, but only made the odd post on one or two. And I spend far more time reading posts on Arrse than is healthy. This seems to be a very busy forum. Though there is no reason for me to imagine it is THE BUSIEST on the whole of the world-wide web. I've just googled my question and someone has suggested that Dogs on Acid (www.dogsonacid.com) might be the busiest online forum. At a glance, it appears less busy than arrse. Do any of you have any answers to this?

2. They (dogsonacid) have well over double our membership, so it probably is busier than Arrse.

3. based on google numbers:

dogsonacid.com - 87,700
    arrse.co.uk - 46,700 (+4,800 for arrse.com)

not bad tho.

4. Ahah! I was curious about the number of new posts made in, for example, a 20 or 30 minute period. Dogs on acid looked quiet, but I was looking at the top of their forum index, which included their "stickies". :roll: I'm assuming there must be lots of busy forums, but I have not come across them.

5. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Bovvy - as someone who is under the cam net with those OOOOHHHAAARRRRRRRRR!! wasters you must agree that if there is a busier one, no work must be going on in the universe.

6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Busy board.

7. I see where you're coming from. I'm only on Arrse during my time off work (it's not very sunny today, so I don't fancy going out). In my current employment, I am much too far down the food-chain to have intenet access at work .......... or the chance of 5 minutes with my nose off the grindstone to contemplate it. 8O :x :evil:

8. The busiest 'forum' I've ever been on is 4chan, especially the random board. Threads there last for an average of 20-30 minutes.

Its actually more of an imageboard than a forum, but its the same idea.

9. I'd say Free Republic would be pretty busy although they don't give figures for the numbers of users online - then again I think they have in excess of 250,000 members. What I do notice is the number of threads with 1 or 2 posts - probably because they're about topics outside of the US! :lol:

At the other end of the scale, you've got Free Britannia with 97 registered users, the most users online was 42 (last November) and the number of posts rarely break double figures. Nevermind.

10. I think IMDB.com message boards are

11. Ahhhhhhhhh!! The Holy Grail. Did you look for that? ....... or know of it before? Thank you. With my autistic traits, that will keep me amused for hours. Bovvy

12. But PPRuNe is 17th highest on average online users! 8O (or 25th on current settings). It appears Arrse does not feature in this list.

13. the message book of the Aussie rag that leaked the story about Prince Harry is pretty busy at present.