Bushtucker- Help my young one!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Pantsoff, Jul 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To the Mighty Fraternity of ARRSE,

I beseech your kind help.
    Number 1 son is getting into to his “hunting and living in the cuds” mode at the moment. He has picked his Air Rifle (good school report) and now he has found this little competition.

Therefore I would appreciate it if you could click on this link please or paste into your address bat etc I would great appreciate it.

Bushcraft on a Budget Kit Competition

PantsOff!

2. Tell him to have a look at the BushcraftUK website too.

Its a good family orientated site and there are a few members from here on it.

3. Excellent, I will point him that way. Did you click?

4. Clicked:)

5. Thanks JP47

6. I bow to thee Sir

7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

does it have a section on raiding dads gear for stuff he stashed away?

poncho, 58 doss bag, mess tins, gs bergan etc...

if you look at some of the american ideas then you can get seriously cheap making your own stove out of pop cans and using tube tents from the 99p shop if you have one.

ebay can be bargain city - I picked up a spare plce bergan brand new for 9 quid. :)

8. Clicked.

9. Now that he has raided all ready. Always like to see sons 1,2,3 and the small pink one running around the wood kitted up. However small pink one does insist on a Pink dress with her COP vest!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Clicked.
    Good Luck to him.

11. Thanks.

remember if you join up from my link I get some points and you get 10.

12. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

oh and the guys sleeping system isnt belgian. and his cookset was made up by a surplus wholesaler to clear different stock.

if he wants a good multi purpose cookset then the proper trangia kit is the best way and still around a tenner which is criminally cheap. but a home made stove some foil, tent pegs, and some mess tins also work a treat. dutch US style water bottles with metal mugs are handy if he cant find the 58 pattern one.

I assume the competition allows for car boot sale type purchases from the local garrison ;)

13. Can't figure it out on the iPhone. I'll click it when I get home.

14. Yes, done.

Paul Kirtley from Frontier is very knowledgeable and a good egg.