Bush's Inaugural Speech - in a nutshell

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Rocketeer, Jan 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dubya didn't talk for long [ it tires him out ] but what he said sure made people sit up and take notice..

Death to Tyranny!!.. Freedom and Democracy for All!! And we have the biggest, meanest army to make sure you do it, too! so there!! [ i.e. watch out Iran, Syria, and a few other places - check with Condoleeza for the list ]

whew..
    what a rouser!!..

Oh, and he invoked God a few times, too [ all of them, apparently, in a move toward ecumenism ].. funny how such a God-fearing country could go out of its way to prove the theory of evolution by electing Dubya - proof that we decended from monkeys - [ that 'shot' alone should get me nuked to ashes at mil.com ]

2. You're a real comedian. Have you checked Canada's PM recently?

3. Rocketeer...tisk tisk!

We'll be finding you on another growing 'list'...

[​IMG]

IS THAT A CONGREVE IN YOUR POCKET?

Maybe now 100,001!!

(Probably fallout from your zeel reenacting the Battle of Queenston and Crysler's Farm...or maybe that "Dollie's a Trolly" bumper sticker...)

[​IMG]

:p

[​IMG]

8)

4. "We are led, by events and common sense, to one conclusion: The survival of liberty in our land increasingly depends on the success of liberty in other lands. The best hope for peace in our world is the expansion of freedom in all the world.

"So it is the policy of the United States to seek and support the growth of democratic movements and institutions in every nation and culture, with the ultimate goal of ending tyranny in our world."

5. America, thy land of sheep.

Baaa, baaaaa, baaaa.

Thy country would do well to elect the one known as Bo peep as leader.

Tell and thy wilst believe. Baa, baaa, baa.

6. RC: Canada's Prime Minister is a certified doofus and couldn't find, let alone speak, words of inspiration to anyone...

weatherman!!.. you've been poking in my garage.. that ' dolly ' you posted is sitting under a tarp ready for the new campaign season...

As for Dubya's words..will they scare the sh!t out of the tyrants of the world?.. will Bush now order the marines into jerkistan so that the regular folks there can get back to having months and days named like the rest o' the world and not after the boss nutter's mother?...Will the Warlords in Afghanistan now bring open and free elections to their poppy fields?..

will Lil Kim in North Korea give a crap?.. and tomorrow, when we wake the Palestine/Israel ' thing' will all be resolved, right?

Dubya is going to fix everything and make freedom ring around the world [ before the end of 2008 when Hillary takes over ]..

I can't wait to see it all happen..

say!!. maybe he can get the National Hockey League to sort out their problems and get the games back on TV!!!!

7. Don't count on that one.

Maybe they'll still announce "It's Hockey night in Canada" though, just for old times sake

8. Unlees it is kinda inconvenient for us to liberate you just yet: ie because your Government is letting us use bases, selling us half of our oil, are a local bulwark against Godless Communism etc etc.

So I assume places such as Khazakistan and Saudi Arabia are in line to be liberated? :roll:

9. Bernoulli:

The ' kicker' in that quote is.."When you stand for your liberty"...
    See? First the local' freedom fighters' [ not insurgents ] stand up and start fighting the oppressive occupiers, then the Us will ' help ' them to taker over the country and, of course, hold ' free and democratic ' elections..

So..does that mean he'll back the Kurds looking for an independent homeland in Iraq/Turkey from their oppessors?.. how about the Tamils in their long standing fight againsts the Sinhalese.. the Darfur people against the Sudan government.. let's see..[ the list goes on ]

who is a legitimate oppressed people fighting for freedom against tyranny and who is a black rapacious terrorist insurgency trying to overthrow a totalitarian, but ' legal ' government?..

no doubt there are legitimate and clear cut cases, but, I'm afraid, the issue will get muddied in American politics as Dubya targets places like Cuba, maybe as a test case, just cause its been a thorn in the US side for generations...[ got great beaches, though, and loves Canajan tourists ]

And at what cost to the US economy and people will all this be?

11. More Bushisms:

'Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness.'

'We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile.'

'This case has had full analyzation and has been looked at a lot. I understand the emotionality of death penalty cases.'

'The benefits of helping somebody is beneficial.'

'We will use our technology to enhance uncertainty abroad.'

'The senator has got to understand if he's going to have - he can't have it both ways. He can't take the high horse and then claim the low road.'

'...more and more of our imports are coming from overseas.'

'If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow.'

'It's hard to be successful if you don't make something somebody doesn't want to buy.'

'I think war is a dangerous place.'

'I know the human being and fish can co-exist peacefully.'

'I have said that the sanction regime [against Iraq] is like Swiss cheese. That meant that they weren't very effective.'

'The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case.'

'Will the highways on the Internet become more few?'

'Drug therapies are replacing a lot of medicines as we used to know it.'

'I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question.'

'Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.'

'It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.'

'You're working hard to put food on your family.'

'He married a Texas girl, I want you to know... A West Texas girl, just like me.'

..... and my favourite:

'I am a man of low expectations.'

Which sort of says it all really. :roll:

12. Since our Canajan PM is over in Beijing grovelling for trade scraps at the moment.. I wonder how Bush is going to treat that nation - obviously a tyrannical regime.. oppressing minorities [ Tibetens, Mongolians, etc. ] blocking free expression through censorship of the internet and dissenting news outlets...restricting its citizens from jobs, opportunities, etc...corruption and graft in high places... all the usual things we ' decry ' in smaller totalitarian regimes...

still, Dubya is smart to start with the little guys and work his way up.. Iran is an easy shot..couldn't be any harder than Iraq could it?.. except that there isn't one really nasty guy at the top who stands out like Saddam did so its hard to focus the righteous wrath there...

Castro works, but he's old and past it and , hell, a lot of votes for Bush came from Florida so...

Buggered up Haiti so that's out...bit of a stretch to invade one or more of the ' stans '..besides that's too close to Russia and Vlad the Putin would be mightily riled..so..I guess Syria and Iran are " it " [ Good thing Arafat croaked.. saved Dubya from having to do anything there...].

Now, If our very own Paul Martin gets too bold about softwood lumber or mad cows or missile defence.. I guess we'll move up the list...

whatever.. the lad has a lot to do in his next four years...
    Better start rattling those sabres...cause Condoleeza's working up a snit...

13. We're off to see the Ayatollah, the wonderful Ayatollah of Iran!!

14. The Canajan PM shouldn't be wasting his time. China already owns Canada.

I don't expect GW to change much about the China situation handed to him by the previous administration (making China a most favoured trading nation, etc). But he should take action and encourage Companies like Walmart to stop forcing their suppliers to close shop in the US and set up in China instead. Hit them where they'll notice, the pocket book.
    Maybe we'll see the Democrats put teeth behind their talk of penalising US companies that close shop in favour of setting up in China. You think? Naw.

It was Mad Albright who tried to threaten China to improve their "Human rights", or else. Yeah that worked well :roll: